Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   need quilt pattern using different shades of blue (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/need-quilt-pattern-using-different-shades-blue-t65745.html)

sumcoop 09-22-2010 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by sewgray
For quick and easy I don't think you can go wrong with a tube quilt. A friend just did one in blue and it was beautiful.

Had to look this up on the net...but love the idea!!!!!!!!!
More to do More to do!!!!!!!!!

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

sumcoop 09-22-2010 08:42 AM

Love all these ideas...had to look a lot of patterns up.
French Braid is beautiful but looks hard.
I think I have enough blue to do a little of all of these.
May make small projects so I can try them all.
Thank you sooooooo much.
Don't stop !!!!
Thanks,

Kellie G 09-22-2010 08:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I made this "strip twist" quilt in purples, but would be great in blues too. Directions are on quiltville.com.

Valerie Doiel 09-22-2010 10:17 AM

I recently saw a red and white quilt that was quilted with red thread. It really make the quilt stand out. I have plans to make a blue and white Ohio Star quilt and plan on using blue thread to help to bring all the blues together and make it stand out. You may consider it. If you want a more scrappy quilt cream and lite browns look great together too. It is just an idea.

jamannix 09-22-2010 11:33 AM

Susan - When I am browsing (and I spend many hours doing that rather than actually sewing) if I see a quilt I like, I copy it and put in a folder on my computer for future inspiration. In my "Tonal Blues Qlts" folder, I found:
(1) Blue Palace quilt kit, 68 x 102 from Keepsake Qltg ($155) but I downloaded the pattern free from Hancocks of Paducah.
(2) a great Hunters Star in blues on the cover of Brenda Henning's book,
"Among Friends, More Scrap Qlts" from BearPaw Productions.
(3) The quilters warehouse featured a gorgeous appliqué and feathered star quilt called Midnight Stars by Elaine Waldschmitt, 86x101" and the pattern was $20
(4) a nice two-block blue quilt called "Snow White" by Joen Wolfrom,
a 56" square. It features an 8-pointed star alternating with another block
whose name I don't know.
You could also consider a Trip Around the World quilt in shades of blues.
If you have a computer and web access, just Google "quilts in blue fabrics"
and I'm sure something will inspire you. If you need instructions on how to
make certain quilt blocks just go to "QuiltersCache" and Marcia Hohn has
excellent illustrated instructions on hundreds of quilt blocks, each with a
sample quilt. - Best wishes - Judy

gollytwo 09-22-2010 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by ppquilter
When going through some totes I found a stack of blue strips so this is what i did............and I love it, fast and quick

nice quilt
railfence is an easy pattern, and always looks good, particularly in one colour, like yours

mom-6 09-22-2010 02:22 PM

I just finished hand piecing an Around the World queen top in 10 different shades of green prints (2-1/2" squares). It would be great in all blues as well. I started at the center with the darkest, then shaded out to lightest and back to darkest at the widest point. Continued shading back to lightest then to darkest at the corners. It is about 80" square. Have not decided about adding a border(s) or not.

Dragonfly Nana 09-22-2010 02:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my version of "Bonneville" by Cherri House as featured in the F&P Easy Quilts-Summer 2010

All blue batiks for my younger brother's birthday. Very easy to do and resizeable.

ube quilting 09-22-2010 02:44 PM

Love the braid idea, also around the world is a great way to use up fabric. they are easy and fast, use lots of material. you could make a couple with the same fabrics in different color order and they will still coordinate, if you have enough blues!

ube quilting 09-22-2010 02:47 PM

French braid isn't hard. Practice on some scraps till you feel good about it then move to the real thing