Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   need suggestions for quilting this (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/need-suggestions-quilting-t239874.html)

Baloonatic 01-29-2014 09:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Boy I need practice with this mouse quilting thingie....
I think the top pattern is called a pumpkin seed?
The bottom one simplifies a curvy-curly pattern. Please don't laugh at my attempts with mouse finesse...its obvious I don't have any... :D

Selena 01-29-2014 09:17 AM

The top one of Balloonatic's post is what I was trying to describe. I didn't know the name of the pattern.

misoop 01-29-2014 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by Baloonatic (Post 6542078)
Boy I need practice with this mouse quilting thingie....
I think the top pattern is called a pumpkin seed?
The bottom one simplifies a curvy-curly pattern. Please don't laugh at my attempts with mouse finesse...its obvious I don't have any... :D

I really like your top illustration. Just wondering if this could be done without stopping all the way across a row? I've tried to visualize and can't see it. BTW, I admire your drawing with a mouse.....I couldn't do it, IF I knew how. :) I think I just figured out a way, if I make one curve all the way across the top or bottom, then start on the rest of the curves in motion without any stops.

notmorecraft 01-29-2014 11:57 AM

I did a similar quilt where the triangles were 10 in high, as I don't have a LA (jwalousy is a terrible affliction sigh) I stitched vertical lines which were intentionaly slightly wonky about an inch apart. I love you colours x

Selena 01-29-2014 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by misoop (Post 6542273)
I really like your top illustration. Just wondering if this could be done without stopping all the way across a row? I've tried to visualize and can't see it. BTW, I admire your drawing with a mouse.....I couldn't do it, IF I knew how. :) I think I just figured out a way, if I make one curve all the way across the top or bottom, then start on the rest of the curves in motion without any stops.

Yes, you can do the rows horizontally, like left to right on the upper side of the triangles and then right to left on the under side of them and then do the same thing diagonally. Sorry, I'm not Balloonatic but that's how I'd do it.

misoop 01-29-2014 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by notmorecraft (Post 6542349)
I did a similar quilt where the triangles were 10 in high, as I don't have a LA (jwalousy is a terrible affliction sigh) I stitched vertical lines which were intentionaly slightly wonky about an inch apart. I love you colours x

Thank you. My granddaughter picked these fabrics out for her baby quilt that I'm making. The backing is gray Cuddle Bubble (minkee type fabric.....same color as the gray/white polka dot fabric.)

Baloonatic 01-29-2014 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by misoop (Post 6542273)

Yes Misoop, that is it exactly!

sewfunrobin 01-30-2014 07:00 AM

Hi I just did this quilt pattern for 3 Christmas quilts, I used the triple clam shell design board for my long arm, but if you don't have the board just get the pantograph, I turned the pattern upside down so it kinda looked like garland. I really liked the end result. Let me know if I can help you in any way.

rufree4t 01-30-2014 07:58 AM

With the minky back you do not want a close pattern especially with the bubble fabric. It tends to flatten the bubbles.

PPWilkerson 01-30-2014 08:37 AM

I am beginning the alter ego quilt I recently viewed on Missouri Star Quilt and it has the triangles (hour glass block) and 4-square blocks. I am thinking about free-motioning hearts. One in each triangle and one in each block of the 4-square. The hearts will be right side up, up side down and sideways depending on whether in a triangle or block. Each triangle and each block will have a heart. Makes for a lot of hearts since there are 48 blocks and each block has 4 triangles or squares. Of course this reply comes from a new quilter and even newer free-motion person!!