Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   New juki tl-18 QVP (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/new-juki-tl-18-qvp-t300876.html)

PamelaOry 11-12-2018 07:09 PM

New juki tl-18 QVP

I got it! I happened to be at the dealers today taking a class when ups showed up with their shipment of Juki’s.

i just sewed a few scraps and it’s doing great! I’ve heard it can go either way with these right out of the box. I was a little unsure about learning to use it, the threading, bobbin, etc. is so different than my brother but aside from some trouble learning to use the threader, it’s going well.

Ariannaquilts 11-12-2018 10:17 PM

Congratulations, have fun with it!

jmoore 11-13-2018 05:06 AM

How exciting...new machines are so much fun! Enjoy your new Juki.

SusieQOH 11-13-2018 10:16 AM

That's great, Pamela. Have fun!!!

TheMerkleFamily 11-13-2018 11:36 AM

New machines sure are fun! I hope you'll love your Juki TL18qvp as much as I do my TL2200qvp :) It's really a fantastic machine that sews a fabulous straight stitch through layers and layers of just about anything! And FMQ is terrific on the Juki because of the great visibility under the harp.

It was my 1st machine, and my favorite still, that I found super easy to operate (except that pesky auto needle threader can be finicky depending on what needles you're using!) I don't typically run it at full speed because it's f.a.s.t.! And mine likes to be oiled regularly.

Not sure what feet came with yours - mine came with tons. The few add'l I've bought are the Echo and Ruler feet for FMQ. I use the seam gauge (screws down onto the bed of your machine) often when piecing to keep consistent seam allowances - can't recall if that came with the machine or if I purchased afterwards but I use it often.

Welcome to the Juki Club :)

Jordan 11-13-2018 12:06 PM

Congratulations! Enjoy your new purchase.

Stitchnripper 11-13-2018 12:31 PM

Congrats! Always fun to get a new machine!!

PamelaOry 11-13-2018 01:19 PM

How much oil do you typically use at a time?

Originally Posted by TheMerkleFamily (Post 8160773)
New machines sure are fun! I hope you'll love your Juki TL18qvp as much as I do my TL2200qvp :) It's really a fantastic machine that sews a fabulous straight stitch through layers and layers of just about anything! And FMQ is terrific on the Juki because of the great visibility under the harp.

It was my 1st machine, and my favorite still, that I found super easy to operate (except that pesky auto needle threader can be finicky depending on what needles you're using!) I don't typically run it at full speed because it's f.a.s.t.! And mine likes to be oiled regularly.

Not sure what feet came with yours - mine came with tons. The few add'l I've bought are the Echo and Ruler feet for FMQ. I use the seam gauge (screws down onto the bed of your machine) often when piecing to keep consistent seam allowances - can't recall if that came with the machine or if I purchased afterwards but I use it often.

Welcome to the Juki Club :)

SusieQOH 11-13-2018 01:54 PM

Pamela, I can answer this I think. I add 2-3 drops for about every 8 hours of sewing. I watched a Leah Day video about this and she was using my machine ( TL2010Q). I would guess that as long as your Juki is like mine, and I believe you said it was, that you won't go wrong with 2-3 drops.
Hope this helps!

PamelaOry 11-13-2018 02:11 PM

Thanks Susie!

Originally Posted by SusieQOH (Post 8160844)
Pamela, I can answer this I think. I add 2-3 drops for about every 8 hours of sewing. I watched a Leah Day video about this and she was using my machine ( TL2010Q). I would guess that as long as your Juki is like mine, and I believe you said it was, that you won't go wrong with 2-3 drops.
Hope this helps!