Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   New Quilt Idea (Part 2) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/new-quilt-idea-part-2-a-t4338.html)

Quilting Aggi 02-19-2008 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by Tiffany
I love the colorless version. I tend to be one who will sit down with colored pencils and work out different ideas so this is really wonderful for me. Thank you!!!!!
~Tiffany

Tiffany I just love doing that myself!! I picked up a new set of colour leads just last week. I also love using the interior decorator design markers that have three different sized tips. You can get them at most art stores.!

Tiffany 02-20-2008 06:43 AM

I have not heard of the design markers before. They sound yummy! (To play with, not to eat. :lol: ) I'm going to have to put that on my list of things to get. I like the idea of different sized tips.
~Tiffany

ania755 02-20-2008 06:52 AM

I really love your design....I believe the colors are too strong for me...but again, I am an old lady......
Your design is stunning.....Thanks for sharing....and don't forget to keep posting.

Lucky Patsy's 02-20-2008 08:59 AM

Now, Ania. I am not buying the "old lady" line! A different color pallete resonates with you and your artistic sense! I think quilting keeps us young as we exercise both the analytical and creative parts of our minds.

And V, do keep us posted!

Flying_V_Goddess 02-20-2008 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by Lucky Patsy's "Mom"
Now, Ania. I am not buying the "old lady" line! A different color pallete resonates with you and your artistic sense! I think quilting keeps us young as we exercise both the analytical and creative parts of our minds.

And V, do keep us posted!

Yeah, I'm not buying into the "old lady" line either. Age doesn't define how bold your color sense is.

I'm not sure when I'll get started on this. I pretty much got everything I need (except cardboard to paste the templates Celeste printed out for me). I've just been feeling terrible lately and it sucks trying to quilt when you're down in the dumps. Been there, done that, it sucked.

Tiffany 02-21-2008 11:58 AM

There is a myth that the old and the young see color differently. When I was working with interior decorating one of the things I learned was that as we get older the whites of our eyes gain some yellowing, which is worse the more time spent out in the sun. The main color that is affected by this are peach-type colors. Younger people can more easily see light peach colors and it is one color that older people will rarely decorate with. I'm probably not explaining this as well as an eye dr. could but that's the basics. I've always found that fascinating and wonder just how differently I see color than I did twenty or thirty years ago.
~Tiffany

sandpat 02-21-2008 04:13 PM

Thats interesting Tiff. My hubby is 17 yrs. older than me..who knew??? I just accuse him of being color blind when he searches all over for his "blue shirt"...finally finds the grey one and shouts for joy!

Need a "just shaking my head" smiley!

Quilting Aggi 02-22-2008 04:30 AM

Tiffany I find them great especially where you can control how much colour in different areas.. little spots, use the little tip :) Yes they have some very yummy colours! If I remember the weekend I'll take some of photos of them and post them here so you can see what you are to look for

Cheers

barnbum 02-22-2008 05:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Flying V--I did copy your pattern--told my students about your creativeness--and put it out for them to color during the Valentine's Day party. Most didn't stick to a pattern at all-being 10. :wink: But, Ashley did. I asked her permission to bring it home, take a picture and post it. She was quite pleased about the whole idea. So--here it is.

vicki reno 02-22-2008 05:57 AM

She is going to be quite a quilter if she transfers her color "sense" to fabric :!: