Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   New Quilting Challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/new-quilting-challenge-t76512.html)

Quilter4HireAndFun 11-15-2010 10:26 AM

Sounds like fun...get a few more details and perhaps more will want to do this...

Perhaps get the brand name of the paint sold at, let's say, Lowes...and then give the paint numbers...

Give a size of a square...say 12" x 12"

A time limit...say, 1 month to finish and post or mail away

just some ideas... firm it up and I wouldn't mind joining in!

babydragon 11-15-2010 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by kbs
Give us more details, might be fun.

OK...my thought was...you tell me your favorite color...then I choose 2 color strips for you...they each have 4-6 shades on them. You can only use those colors...but you dont have to use all 8-12. NO BLACKOR WHITE ALLOWED TO BE ADDED!!!. After that, size , patterns etc. are up to you. Since I am a brand new quilter, I would think a minimum of 6 months, so I can participate, without getting frustrated.

OH...I guess I should tell you, the color thing is not a prob for me as I am an artist already...just the sewing lol.

marymc 11-15-2010 10:28 AM

I would be interested I will watch for details.

Terryl 11-15-2010 10:29 AM

I'm in Judie, and if you don't mind my suggestion, why don't you leave the color choice up to the person giving the paint chip, that way some of us (me) who tend to stick to the same colors may have to leave our comfort zones and use colors we normally wouldn't. Just let me know when and where to send my paint chips. Do you have Home Depot or Lowes where you live? That's what we have here.

babydragon 11-15-2010 10:30 AM

OK...I figured a minimum of 6 months to complete...each person can give me a fave color and I can give them the brand and number. size is your choice , as well as pattern.

ps whereabout in Plano? I moved back to Cali 2 yrs ago from Garland...but worked at the Mall off the 75:)

babydragon 11-15-2010 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by Terryl
I'm in Judie, and if you don't mind my suggestion, why don't you leave the color choice up to the person giving the paint chip, that way some of us (me) who tend to stick to the same colors may have to leave our comfort zones and use colors we normally wouldn't. Just let me know when and where to send my paint chips. Do you have Home Depot or Lowes where you live? That's what we have here.

OK...I will go to lowes and post you the brand and color number for yours:) the question is ...do you trust me?

babydragon 11-15-2010 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by marymc
I would be interested I will watch for details.

OK...give me your fave color and I will send you the brand and color number for the chip...after that it is up to you:)

Terryl 11-15-2010 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by babydragon

OK...I will go to lowes and post you the brand and color number for yours:) the question is ...do you trust me?

Of course I trust you

:XD: :XD: :XD: :XD: :XD: :XD: :XD:
what's the worst thing that can happen, I find I have a "new" favorite color, or I hate what I do and I give it as a gift to someone I know that loves those colors? Seems like a win/win to me.

babydragon 11-15-2010 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by babydragon

Of course I trust you

:XD: :XD: :XD: :XD: :XD: :XD: :XD:
what's the worst thing that can happen, I find I have a "new" favorite color, or I hate what I do and I give it as a gift to someone I know that loves those colors? Seems like a win/win to me.

OK...will be after 2 pm pst:)
:twisted:

NancyL746 11-15-2010 01:16 PM

count me in