Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   New Sewing gadget (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/new-sewing-gadget-t129525.html)

Deborahlees 06-11-2011 11:46 AM

very large for such a small job....would rather have a really cute pin cushion...

dixiechunk 06-11-2011 12:22 PM

Well, is there anything environmentally friendly about lucite rulers, plastic rotary cutters, plastic thread spools and cones, polyester threads, polyester batting, etc.?

Originally Posted by MissJMac
Geez, what a waste. This thing has no redeeming value. I use the container my pins come in, keep them to my right when pinning fabric. When sewing, the container is flush against my machine (to the right) and as I sew I put the pins right back in the container.
Plastic, batteries, noise - is there anything environmentally friendly with this device?
Did I mention the cost of tylenol to get rid of the headaches from the clicking of those darn pins rolling around in the cement mixer
$20-30 to further pollute our planet - I think not.
Besides, think of all the sale fabric you can buy at Fabric.com or Connecting Threads for that money

grandma Janice 06-11-2011 01:17 PM

I prefer the pin cushion. I have several and they are portable. this gadget wouldn't be as handy .

Divokittysmom 06-11-2011 01:25 PM

Ummm.... my wrist pincushion is just a tad bit easier to use and it was free as it's made from scraps!! Just a bit too bulky for my tastes.. also reminded me of a mini cement mixer! LOL

I may have pincushions all over my sewing room at different stations but I love seeing them! They are all different shapes and sizes, different fabrics etc etc. I feel it adds to the decor of my room yet they are completely functional... and take up only a tiny bit of space. JMHO

peaceandjoy 06-11-2011 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by dixiechunk
Well, is there anything environmentally friendly about lucite rulers, plastic rotary cutters, plastic thread spools and cones, polyester threads, polyester batting, etc.?

Probably not, but they don't go into the trash bin every couple of months. At least we hope they don't!

;)

My time 06-11-2011 01:53 PM

It looks big, clunky and cheap. I know I won't be buying one. But thanks for sharing this latest gizmo. What will they think of next?

patski 06-11-2011 02:04 PM

Can you only use that one kind of pin? I use flower head, glass head and so many others!!

murphyj5 06-11-2011 02:46 PM

Me Too!

jigsymom 06-11-2011 02:59 PM

I don't think these are worth the money. Besides most of my pins don't have the round heads. Hi to the Wichita Falls ladies! I live just down the street from Hancocks and try to stay out of there lol. I don't need to add anything to my stash!

mommafank 06-11-2011 03:23 PM

I do not see how they save any time. Can just imagine what might happen if that thing jams up. I have no trouble organizing my pins in a pin cushion. Maybe I am just too old for new gadgets!