Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   New survey....to quilt or cook? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/new-survey-quilt-cook-t262081.html)

IBQUILTIN 03-06-2015 10:06 PM

Not so silly. I love to do both. I can quilt for a few hours and reward myself and others with a nice meal or snack. Win Win all around

oldtisme 03-06-2015 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by Stitchnripper (Post 7113418)
Well, given a choice, it would be quilt, but, I am in another slump re: the quilting. I know it comes and goes for me and I just go with the flow. No amount of rearranging my things, reading patterns, looking at pictures, etc. does it for me. It's just time goes by and I get interested again. The cooking, though, I'm really tired of. Especially the day to day evening meal, which is all I feel compelled to produce. It is just me and Mr. Stitchnripper, and bless his heart, he is always appreciative of anything I do. It is usually very simple - chicken on the George Foreman, a bag of veggies, and maybe a salad or rice. Something on that simple order. And I'm tired of that. I told Mr. S. that when he retires I am quitting making that evening meal.

I DITTO that Stitchnripper. It's just me & Mr. Oldtis but we have a bit different situation. He goes out to lunch everyday so he loves home cooked meal for dinner, I on the other hand cook every night (but Friday) So I want to go out to eat. Don't get me wrong if I want to go out I just say the word & we go but thankfully he is seeing it's really not worth my time to be cooking 3 course meals so he has been bringing home premade oven meals from SAM's club. Which I don't mind at all. Just preheat...sew...stick it in oven, set the timer.....sew.....timer goes off I fix our plates &it's all done. DH is a keeper!

quiltingbuddy 03-08-2015 09:59 AM

Love this thread! I vote quilt too. I love that Dh cooks better than I do and actually likes to cook. I will clean up dishes no problem if someone wants to cook for me. I do feel better that most of you feel the same way, and I don't feel alone.

captlynhall 03-08-2015 06:33 PM

I love both. That is, I love baking bread, and enjoy making a special meal or dish. I do get tired of having to come up with BF, lunch and dinner everyday. Sometimes a peanut butter wrap-a-round is good enough.

I very much enjoy all the aspects of quilting. Deciding on a pattern, buying fabric, cutting it, piecing, auditioning on the design wall, then quilting, and binding. It's all great for me.

adamae 03-08-2015 07:06 PM

Dislike cooking and I used to enjoy it. At 80 yrs old, food doesn't taste as good as it used to taste. Now that I am alone, I cook big casseroles or large meat dishes and portion them out and freeze. The days when I pull them out and heat in microwave are the best days. Hate housework and cleanup anymore. Love a clean house so do what I have to do to be happy. Of course, quilting, sewing is my passion, especially hand stitching. I could hand stitch day and night and be happy.

jonkauai 03-08-2015 09:36 PM

I love this thread- I was on page 2 when I panicked and thought: "I better cook something before my DH gets home". I also thought- I can stand to cook for 20 minutes! So I did and now I am back in my sewing room. Dinner took 24 minutes to cook. This whole not cooking thing really snuck up on me, and now I would rather quilt then cook.
How do I get rid of the chef job, quick? I hope you are in stitches! :o