Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   New twisters? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/new-twisters-t148885.html)

marymm 08-29-2011 06:01 PM

The Christmas tree is fabulous, Bonnie. How'd your heart go? THanks so much to you all. I have made a couple of the wreaths--one for Christmas and another with fall leaf fabrics! I love them both and my bee members were so impressed that they're making them too! I should add that I've bought both sizes of the twister tools and a book, but I think I learned the most looking at tutorials and examples on this board!.

QuiltE 08-29-2011 06:08 PM

I know you use 5" squares to start. And am now wondering what size the template is when you cut them apart? Could someone please tell me? Thanks!!!

marymm 08-29-2011 06:14 PM

sorry, my fingers must be flying without instructions, i didn't mean too post all these!

marymm 08-29-2011 06:15 PM

QuiltE, . You might want to do a search a tutorial for ""Lil Twister"...The tool used to cut the pinwheels is about 3 1/2 inch's square. I bought the tool, but there are instructions on how to make a similar one. They really are rather addicting. The big one is really fast and fun, too. mary

marymm 08-29-2011 06:16 PM

another burp in posting!

QuiltE 08-29-2011 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by marymm
Bonnie. You might want to do a search a tutorial for ""Lil Twister"...The tool used to cut the pinwheels is about 3 1/2 inch's square. I bought the tool, but there are instructions on how to make a similar one. They really are rather addicting. The big one is really fast and fun, too.

Not sure what you're saying ... that there are instructions for making another tool, when you purchase the Lil Twister? Or that these instructions are somewhere else, so you don't need to purchase?

BMP 08-29-2011 06:17 PM

I have done the wreath(Christmas) and a few runners (Halloween) I do like making them ...that tree is the one I would like to do next. I worked out a heart but I think I need to tweek it a little before I do it.

marymm 08-29-2011 06:25 PM

"Not sure what you're saying ... that there are instructions for making another tool, when you purchase the Lil Twister? Or that these instructions are somewhere else, so you don't need to purchase?[/quote]

See if this is clearer: There are tutorials on the web on both how to use the Twister TOOL and how to Make a tool very SIMILAR. The book has several variations of the basic patterns. My book--the first on twisters--did not have the wreath, but I found it on the board. I believe the twister is possibly a spinoff from a quilt originally called "Magic Pinwheels" featured in an Australian magazine a few years ago. I think that the purchased tool is a good deal.

Bonnie, I think the tree won't be too hard. Now I want to play with the heart too!

Jim 08-29-2011 08:52 PM

I have patterns that I purchased at a quilt show on how to make a JOY banner and an American Flag with the twister templates

barking-rabbit 08-29-2011 09:01 PM

The christmas tree would be a great advent calendar.