Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   New Year Mystery Quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/new-year-mystery-quilt-t170717.html)

sharon b 12-28-2011 05:26 PM

Ok here is a quick list and it doesn't mean you have to do it- just that you might :)

sharon b
sew1096
havplenty
cottontop
pamsue
San-Sing
xtgirl
patiese1
lindy-2
brookemarie19
BMP
donac
lfstamper
LJsunflower
fabriclvr ( you know you will :) )

did I miss anyone ?

donac 12-28-2011 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by Fabriclovr (Post 4819123)
I have done everyone of these that they have done for the past 5 years. Some of the quilts are wonderful and I would do them again, others, well... lets say they are in my finished top stash and may get used as a backing for another quilt! LOL

I couldn't figure out this years instructions, so I figured that I would wait till the 2nd set of instructions to get a better idea of what they are talking about. I am not sure how many fabrics they are wanting and then they say that we should have a jelly roll. When I do these, I try not to buy anything and try to use everything out of my stash. This year, I am not sure.

How many will be doing this and will you be checking in here as well as Planet Patchwork??

Susan

When I first read the directions I didn't understand it. Change it to PDF form and it was little easier to understand, at least the material list. That was a problem on the original page.

sharon b 12-28-2011 06:18 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Ok I thought these would be my fabrics but when I did the b/w trick I see some are not dark/medium hhhmmmm have to grab a few more , but this is a start :)

Havplenty 12-28-2011 07:19 PM

what is the black white trick? c'mon spill the secret.

Sadiemae 12-28-2011 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by Havplenty (Post 4819548)
what is the black white trick? c'mon spill the secret.

A good way to sort your fabrics into darks/mediums/lights or graduating colors like a Bargello is to either take a black and white photo, or you can also place them on a scanner and scan them in black and white.

Havplenty 12-28-2011 07:49 PM

ok. i knew that one just wasnt sure what sharon was referring to.

Originally Posted by Sadiemae (Post 4819558)
A good way to sort your fabrics into darks/mediums/lights or graduating colors like a Bargello is to either take a black and white photo, or you can also place them on a scanner and scan them in black and white.

sharon b 12-28-2011 07:56 PM

LOL wasn't sure about all the strips I picked out - so I turned the color photo to Black & White and BINGO I have at least one that needs to be replaced - couple more that are iffy :)

quilter in the making 12-29-2011 05:35 AM

I will definitely be following along. I have a jelly roll and bought the extra fabric I need. Too bad I will have a house full until sometime in the afternoon on New Year's Day and won't be able to sew along with all of you. Hopefully I'll be able to start later in the day and then will be able to complete it on Monday or Tuesday. One of these years I'll be doing it along with all of you.

SunlitenSmiles 12-29-2011 06:10 AM

Im in, signed up and e-mailed the address, although that seemed .... i don't know different.....but hoping it is a reliable group....i am sooooooooooooo spoiled for this group !

littlesurfer 12-29-2011 06:12 AM

I might be interested...I've never done a mystery quilt before. Thanks for the info.