Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   New Year Mystery Quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/new-year-mystery-quilt-t170717.html)

lindy-2 12-29-2011 06:48 AM

im realy looking forward to this im going start it in the morning but likly whont get done since our church has a baptisim in the afternoon so i whont be there for the end off the dirrections dose anybody know if they leave them up for a few days so i can copy them monday? i would hate to get part way done then totaly lose the rest off the instuctions.

Havplenty 12-29-2011 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by lindy-2 (Post 4820404)
im realy looking forward to this im going start it in the morning but likly whont get done since our church has a baptisim in the afternoon so i whont be there for the end off the dirrections dose anybody know if they leave them up for a few days so i can copy them monday? i would hate to get part way done then totaly lose the rest off the instuctions.

yes the instructions are usually left online for a time for people to access after the one day quilt event. if they are not for this one, you can pm me and i will get them to you.

mary

sweet 12-29-2011 08:47 AM

I am still trying to decide on this one. It sure looks like it would be a fun day! I am thinking that since I do not have a jelly roll, that I would go through my stash and cut the 2 1/2 pieces of black and white, then go to my lqs and see if they will let me get 1/8 yd to get enough of a selection. Then I would use a light and medium grey as my complimentary fabrics.

Havplenty 12-29-2011 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by sweet (Post 4820863)
I am still trying to decide on this one. It sure looks like it would be a fun day! I am thinking that since I do not have a jelly roll, that I would go through my stash and cut the 2 1/2 pieces of black and white, then go to my lqs and see if they will let me get 1/8 yd to get enough of a selection. Then I would use a light and medium grey as my complimentary fabrics.

my lqs cuts my 1/8 pieces at 6" instead of just 4.5". i love it so the extra strip goes into my postage stamp quilt box. it's like getting a 2 for 1.

blueangel 12-29-2011 09:08 AM

Sounds interesting. Might try it.

Fabriclovr 12-29-2011 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by sharon b (Post 4819240)
Ok here is a quick list and it doesn't mean you have to do it- just that you might :)

fabriclvr ( you know you will :) )

did I miss anyone ?

Ok, ok.. you twisted my arm.. I'll do it! LOL

Fabriclovr 12-29-2011 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by donac (Post 4819271)
When I first read the directions I didn't understand it. Change it to PDF form and it was little easier to understand, at least the material list. That was a problem on the original page.

When I 1st printed the instructions, they did not have the PDF up for download. I just downloaded it and printed it and yes, it makes a lot more since on what they need in fabrics.

Now my question is this, without going into my yardage scraps and not going and buying a jelly roll, I have a LOT of fat quarters, can I use them or does it have to be WOF?? I would hate to cut up a bunch of fats and then no be able to use them for this project.

What would you ladies do? (keep in mind I drive a school bus, and have been off without a paycheck, so buying the jelly roll is out of the question)

lindy-2 12-29-2011 09:51 AM

ok thanks so much makes it easyer knowing that i will have a way to get them latter.

Originally Posted by Havplenty (Post 4820834)
yes the instructions are usually left online for a time for people to access after the one day quilt event. if they are not for this one, you can pm me and i will get them to you.

mary

lindy-2 12-29-2011 09:55 AM

yes you can use ft quarters because the cutting instructions tell you to cut the WOF strips in half so they ate 22" long so using ft quareters is just fine thats what im going to do.

Originally Posted by Fabriclovr (Post 4821056)
When I 1st printed the instructions, they did not have the PDF up for download. I just downloaded it and printed it and yes, it makes a lot more since on what they need in fabrics.

Now my question is this, without going into my yardage scraps and not going and buying a jelly roll, I have a LOT of fat quarters, can I use them or does it have to be WOF?? I would hate to cut up a bunch of fats and then no be able to use them for this project.

What would you ladies do? (keep in mind I drive a school bus, and have been off without a paycheck, so buying the jelly roll is out of the question)

Havplenty 12-29-2011 10:01 AM

i am using fat quarters also. as quilters we can make anything "fit" what we need even if my quilt ends up being 1" shorter in dimensions.:) and no i was not buying fabric for this mystery quilt so it is all coming from my "stash".

Originally Posted by lindy-2 (Post 4821106)
yes you can use ft quarters because the cutting instructions tell you to cut the WOF strips in half so they ate 22" long so using ft quareters is just fine thats what im going to do.