Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   New Year's Day Mystery Quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/new-years-day-mystery-quilt-t14365.html)

Tiffany 12-14-2008 09:39 AM

Thanks Yvonne!! Wow, I love the quilting on yours. Those are pretty quilts. If I am not working that day I will try to participate.
Piece ~ Tiffany

Margie 12-14-2008 07:54 PM

Well, this looks like fun. I am sooo slow though, but I might sign up....the worst that could happen is either I get company and cant do it or dont finish it....the world wont end either way right? LOL

Margie

Brazen 12-14-2008 08:05 PM

Sweet!! Yours from last year is gorgeous!!

I signed up for their newsletter and updates.

Are you going to do "water" or "oriental"? I love the idea of a watery quilt!

Yvonne 12-14-2008 08:07 PM

I just thought I'd mention that last year the pattern directions were left up for about a month or so after Jan. 1.

My sister and I were cracking up during the last NYmystery project. Came time to download the second set of directions I was already way behind! We were calling each other and that just added to the craziness! My husband was even laughing at me. Just running around making myself nutz! I think it took me at least another couple of weeks before I finished the top and then there was the whole quilting issue. I did finally get it done! Whew!

I'll have a pot of beans on the stove this year so I won't have to worry about dinner! Isn't there some sort of superstition about having beans for good luck in the new year? Anyway, I learned a lot about my method of quilt making last January and I'm sure I'll learn a lot more this time! (and it's not always good!) :lol: But it is fun!!!!!!!

Yvonne 12-14-2008 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by Brazen
Sweet!! Yours from last year is gorgeous!!

I signed up for their newsletter and updates.

Are you going to do "water" or "oriental"? I love the idea of a watery quilt!

Thank you so much! I've opted to use violets this time! so, neither of the above. :wink: I do have to be difficult, huh?

Connie1948 12-15-2008 03:16 AM

I will be doing Oriental. The Posole will be in the crock pot keeping hot for anyone who thinks they are hungry around here that day. I will probably never be able to keep up either. I will just do what I can and print the instructions so I can work at my own pace. I am too picky to speed cut and sew.
Connie

Tiffany 12-15-2008 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by Yvonne
I'll have a pot of beans on the stove this year so I won't have to worry about dinner! Isn't there some sort of superstition about having beans for good luck in the new year? Anyway, I learned a lot about my method of quilt making last January and I'm sure I'll learn a lot more this time! (and it's not always good!) :lol: But it is fun!!!!!!!

You are supposed to eat black eyed peas on January 1st and it will bring you good luck all year long. I was never clear as to why it is supposed to bring good luck. No one could ever explain that part. It's funny you should mention this tradition. I used to do it every year and I haven't in about ten years now. (Wow, where did the time go!?!) I picked up some black eyed peas a couple weeks ago just to make a pot for new year's day this year. Hubby hates black eyed peas and won't eat them so if we have a bad year, I'm blaming him. :lol:
Piece ~ Tiffany

Margie 12-15-2008 09:53 PM

Do you think a beginner can manage this?

Margie....well I am not exactly a beginner...but not far past lol

Connie1948 12-16-2008 05:44 AM

Around here it is Posole for good luck! I fix it with pork, garlic and red chili

sewjoyce 12-16-2008 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by Connie1948
Around here it is Posole for good luck! I fix it with pork and red chili

What is "Posole"?