Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   New Year's Day Mystery Quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/new-years-day-mystery-quilt-t14365.html)

Yvonne 12-28-2008 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by ljsunflower
Yvonne, your fabrics are beautiful! I guess I'll pass on this mystery cause I don't do bias strips.

I'm not doing bias strips either. See that rick rack? That's going to be my "bias"! It's an official alternative! Ta-daa :lol:

mumtoliam 12-29-2008 02:59 AM

Thanks for posting this - I am from Australia - this sounds really exciting for me. So tomorrow I am gonna get my fabric together - I am thinking Batiks and I will use Ric Rac... It starts 3am Friday for me- so I am going to go to bed early and set the alarm clock - it sounds like real fun!!!! Hope to see you on the chats - I will be Vanessa M - I have set myself up on the chat already.

mumtoliam 12-29-2008 03:08 AM

Just a question - did you get 16yds of ric rac? That seems like a lot!!!

mumtoliam 12-29-2008 03:14 AM

And another question - I wasnt thinking of getting my backing - will that be okay? or will I need it before I start the project?

Connie1948 12-29-2008 04:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are my fabrics. I guess I should get my bias binding made ahead of time. I hope the instructions are correct and that I purchased enough of the dark gold. 16yds does seem like a lot of bias. I wonder if it is correct?
I am ConnieV in the chat room.

Tiffany 12-29-2008 07:04 AM

What gorgeous fabrics!!! I can't wait to see how the quilt turns out!

mary quite contrary 12-29-2008 07:19 AM

I can't wait to see these. I don't think I will be participating but I will look forward to seeing all of yours.

I see some beautiful fabrics here.

Yvonne 12-29-2008 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by mumtoliam
Just a question - did you get 16yds of ric rac? That seems like a lot!!!

I've actually purchased an extra package of rickrack. I have 20 yards! I won't run out!!! I've got all my fabric pieces cut and only have to mark the diagonals on about 6 more squares. It was pretty fast to cut out the pieces. I'm wondering about the LOF cuts. I thought that would be the borders but why would you have two borders of the same color?? I'm sure it will all become clear January 1. I hope so!

Oh, in regards to the backing. Last year I didn't buy mine until the quilt was finished. It was fine. They usually leave the directions posted for a month or so after Jan 1. So, you can actually find the directions after the fact if you happen to sleep in.

I hope we have as much fun as I had last year. I don't know if I'll make the chat room because I was always behind doing the sewing! :lol:

P.S. (I keep hitting the edit button to add more stuff here! :lol:
Connie, I love your fabric choices. They are great. It's going to be beautiful!

mumtoliam 12-29-2008 03:20 PM

Connie - love your fabric choices!!! I am just waiting for the washing machine to stop, hang out the washing and then I'm off fabric shopping... cant wait to see what will inspire me this time...

I was thinking batiks but I will keep an open mind until I get there.

Do you go shopping with a fabric in mind or do you let the fabric inspire you? I tend to let the fabric talk to me, so what I usually think I'll get, turns out to be something totally different LOL.

Connie1948 12-29-2008 06:49 PM

I was going to go with batiks put found this interesting print....it called out to me. This is usually what happens to me. I come home with something that I did not have in mind.
Is that little piece of fabric going to make 16 yds of bias tape? I just might go out and buy some gold ric rac.
Connie