Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Next Project (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/next-project-t66603.html)

plainpat 09-25-2010 03:42 AM

Don't know about "all ready to start",but yes, I usually have my next project in mind....such as it is :-)

"If you're like me and only work on one project at time, do you have another waiting in the wings, all ready to start?"

Honey 09-25-2010 04:53 AM

I work on one at a time, but always have another project waiting in the wings. Actually, I have several waiting in the wings with dozens in my head!!!

Dee Dee 09-25-2010 05:01 AM

Absolutely! I'm doing two BOMs, just completed a lap quilt, working on another leaf quilt and getting ready to start a Christmas table runner. I'm a little OCD.

thismomquilts 09-25-2010 05:03 AM

I have several projects literally started and MANY started in my head... too many projects so little time... (sigh)

judy_68 09-25-2010 05:06 AM

I can never stay on one project very long. Very bad habit but very hard to change unfortunately.
Judy in Ohio

deema 09-25-2010 05:13 AM

Sometimes I do (like now, I have two projects waiting - patterns chosen, fabrics bought -...it's harder on me than them...I really want to start my next one, but won't until I'm finished the current), sometimes I don't and will spend a few weeks reading or crocheting instead of sewing. I don't sew stuff for the sake of sewing stuff, and while I'm really in quilt mode right now, the projects I have going on have a purpose.

mtnmama 09-25-2010 05:40 AM

I really admire someone that can work on one project until it is complete. I seem to always have several things going at one time. I always have a hand project (piecing or quilting)downstairs in front of the TV. My sewing machine is upstairs. I just finished a quilt for my son for Christmas, have towels waiting to be embroidered and napkins to be finished around the edges. I have two other quilt tops waiting to be sandwiched and quilted. I also keep a graph paper notebook close by to sketch patterns. I buy patterns and then seem to either change the size or borders or something about it. I also have batiks spread around my sewing room trying to get inspiration for a quilt for my daugh in law for Christmas. Never enough time! :roll:

sidmona 09-25-2010 05:44 AM

I work on only one project at a time but usually have one or two planned waiting in the wings. I do admit I have quilt tops waiting to be quilted but I don't have to worry about losing pieces while waiting on the batting to come in the mail.

amma 09-25-2010 12:49 PM

I have several going at a time... I don't care to work on just one :lol::lol:

Psychomomquilter 09-26-2010 04:19 AM

Now this is what I like, ONE project at a time! I admit I have 5 and they are small, I do the doll quilt, pot holders, secret pal,and am late for the month, but I guess I like to be doing the "last minute" rush for something. I already sent the doll quilt ,pin cushion, still have 3 more to finish by the end of next week!
yikes!
And as for next month I already signed up for the doll quilt, and secret pal, so what next? I guess I am a bugger for pain??
so what happened to one project at a time, and money limited to send them? um out the window! having too much fun!! hehehehehe