Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Next Project

Blog Entries
    I usually spend all my quilting time on one project, not working on more than 1 at a time. I spent 3 days making easy tote bags. Then I spent 2 days practicing my stitching on a line with a plain baby panel. I tell ya, I didn't get much better with practice. lol

Now I'm stuck on what to do next. I know what I want to do, but I don't have the fabric yet. I could make more tote bags, but I'd like to try something different.

If you're like me and only work on one project at time, do you have another waiting in the wings, all ready to start?

Blog Entries
    I usually only work on one thing at a time so I know I'll get them done! I finished a purse today and a tote yesterday..I have some baby quilts I want to get to but I need some backing fabric...since I was so busy sewing today I forgot to go to the store and get the material..first thing Monday I'll be there though..I have to work this weekend (yuck!)

OM!! I usually have plenty in process can't tell somedays when one finishes and one starts!!

I usually have a couple of projects going: small like a laptop bag, a wall hanging, and a large handquilting project (haven't worked on it all summer, waiting for cooler weather) oh and a couple of table runners. Hmmm--I'm busier than I thought LOL.

Blog Entries
    I do several at once, but I always have something waiting.

I only work on one at a time. I'm afraid if I don't finished it I might have unfinished quilts laying around. I have quilts in waiting all the time and always looking for sales on future projects.

Blog Entries
    I always have projects in my head that I want to do but unfortunately due to time constraints they stay as ideas for a long time. I usually have more than one project on the go but I also try to complete them within a reasonable time so that the next one can begin :) Often my ideas are more than my sewing time allows. :)

I always have too many started but it keeps me busy. I like it that way.

Blog Entries
    I am just itching to do another OBW, I have the fabric sitting there waiting but I am making myself finish a tablerunner for my mother before I start.
    I am sewing the binding on right now so hopefully tomorrow I can start. Yipeeeeeee!!!!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MommaDorian
    I usually spend all my quilting time on one project, not working on more than 1 at a time. I spent 3 days making easy tote bags. Then I spent 2 days practicing my stitching on a line with a plain baby panel. I tell ya, I didn't get much better with practice. lol

Now I'm stuck on what to do next. I know what I want to do, but I don't have the fabric yet. I could make more tote bags, but I'd like to try something different.

If you're like me and only work on one project at time, do you have another waiting in the wings, all ready to start?
    I try to work on one project at a time only because I hate UFO's. The other day I started a Christmas table runner from a new pattern I had never used, messed it up and didn't have enough fabric to make another one; can't find the same fabric anywhere so I need to go back to the shop where I got the fabric. Anyhow, then started on a wrap skirt for my neighbor and couldn't finish it till she tried it on to make sure my home-made pattern was right. Then started a Quilt for Kids quilt when the phone rang to pick up my grandson. Needless to say now I have 3 UFO's to work on this weekend. My brain is always working on something new.

Blog Entries
    Don't know about "all ready to start",but yes, I usually have my next project in mind....such as it is :-)

"If you're like me and only work on one project at time, do you have another waiting in the wings, all ready to start?"

I work on one at a time, but always have another project waiting in the wings. Actually, I have several waiting in the wings with dozens in my head!!!

Absolutely! I'm doing two BOMs, just completed a lap quilt, working on another leaf quilt and getting ready to start a Christmas table runner. I'm a little OCD.

I have several projects literally started and MANY started in my head... too many projects so little time... (sigh)

I can never stay on one project very long. Very bad habit but very hard to change unfortunately.
    Judy in Ohio

Sometimes I do (like now, I have two projects waiting - patterns chosen, fabrics bought -...it's harder on me than them...I really want to start my next one, but won't until I'm finished the current), sometimes I don't and will spend a few weeks reading or crocheting instead of sewing. I don't sew stuff for the sake of sewing stuff, and while I'm really in quilt mode right now, the projects I have going on have a purpose.

I really admire someone that can work on one project until it is complete. I seem to always have several things going at one time. I always have a hand project (piecing or quilting)downstairs in front of the TV. My sewing machine is upstairs. I just finished a quilt for my son for Christmas, have towels waiting to be embroidered and napkins to be finished around the edges. I have two other quilt tops waiting to be sandwiched and quilted. I also keep a graph paper notebook close by to sketch patterns. I buy patterns and then seem to either change the size or borders or something about it. I also have batiks spread around my sewing room trying to get inspiration for a quilt for my daugh in law for Christmas. Never enough time! :roll:

I work on only one project at a time but usually have one or two planned waiting in the wings. I do admit I have quilt tops waiting to be quilted but I don't have to worry about losing pieces while waiting on the batting to come in the mail.

Blog Entries
    I have several going at a time... I don't care to work on just one :lol::lol:

Blog Entries
    Now this is what I like, ONE project at a time! I admit I have 5 and they are small, I do the doll quilt, pot holders, secret pal,and am late for the month, but I guess I like to be doing the "last minute" rush for something. I already sent the doll quilt ,pin cushion, still have 3 more to finish by the end of next week!
    yikes!
    And as for next month I already signed up for the doll quilt, and secret pal, so what next? I guess I am a bugger for pain??
    so what happened to one project at a time, and money limited to send them? um out the window! having too much fun!! hehehehehe

Blog Entries
    I have one main project but with several others so that I can move back and forth without getting tired of the main one if this makes sense. I do scenic or old houses or barns which are very time consumming and intricate so have to have some easy ones going too. lol. Also will take time off when in the cutting mood. I have about five or six quilts cut out and in project bags with the patterns and extra fabrics in it so wont accidently use it in something else.lol

I always have several projects going at one time not only with quilting but with knitting and crocheting also.....
    I seem to go from one project to another - and have too many ideas in my head just wanting to get out.... like thismomquilts posted too many projects so little time. Most of the time cleaning, cooking and life get in the way of the fun things..... lol

I used to do one at a time. Now I have lots of them going at once. There is always a project in the wings too.

Quote Originally Posted by judy_68
    I can never stay on one project very long. Very bad habit but very hard to change unfortunately.
    Judy in Ohio
    I'm with Judy here. I have to many projects going. I also have a pile of things I want to get started. I'm trying to get done what I have going before continueing on but some of things I have going I have to put away to start Christmas presents.
    Have you got enough scraps to do a scrappy tablerunner?
    Fall is here so how about making a tablerunner with appliqued leaves.

I usually have several I'm working on. From fabric just sitting here waiting for me, one quilt cut and ready to sew, one in process of sewing and one to be quilting. Let's change that to two or three of each. This way if I don't feel like actually quilting, I can piece together, design, do what I feel like doing at that particular moment. Then I have about 300 quilts in my head I want to do. So my brain is always on over-ride just thinking about all the things I have to do and want to do.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast