Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Next Project (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/next-project-t66603.html)

MommaDorian 09-24-2010 04:49 PM

I usually spend all my quilting time on one project, not working on more than 1 at a time. I spent 3 days making easy tote bags. Then I spent 2 days practicing my stitching on a line with a plain baby panel. I tell ya, I didn't get much better with practice. lol

Now I'm stuck on what to do next. I know what I want to do, but I don't have the fabric yet. I could make more tote bags, but I'd like to try something different.

If you're like me and only work on one project at time, do you have another waiting in the wings, all ready to start?

Cindy2201 09-24-2010 04:57 PM

I usually only work on one thing at a time so I know I'll get them done! I finished a purse today and a tote yesterday..I have some baby quilts I want to get to but I need some backing fabric...since I was so busy sewing today I forgot to go to the store and get the material..first thing Monday I'll be there though..I have to work this weekend (yuck!)

anniec55 09-24-2010 05:02 PM

OM!! I usually have plenty in process can't tell somedays when one finishes and one starts!!

janRN 09-24-2010 05:23 PM

I usually have a couple of projects going: small like a laptop bag, a wall hanging, and a large handquilting project (haven't worked on it all summer, waiting for cooler weather) oh and a couple of table runners. Hmmm--I'm busier than I thought LOL.

Sadiemae 09-24-2010 05:36 PM

I do several at once, but I always have something waiting.

BeSue 09-24-2010 08:54 PM

I only work on one at a time. I'm afraid if I don't finished it I might have unfinished quilts laying around. I have quilts in waiting all the time and always looking for sales on future projects.

costumegirl 09-24-2010 09:00 PM

I always have projects in my head that I want to do but unfortunately due to time constraints they stay as ideas for a long time. I usually have more than one project on the go but I also try to complete them within a reasonable time so that the next one can begin :) Often my ideas are more than my sewing time allows. :)

annette1952 09-24-2010 10:37 PM

I always have too many started but it keeps me busy. I like it that way.

woody 09-25-2010 03:25 AM

I am just itching to do another OBW, I have the fabric sitting there waiting but I am making myself finish a tablerunner for my mother before I start.
I am sewing the binding on right now so hopefully tomorrow I can start. Yipeeeeeee!!!!!!!!

grann of 6 09-25-2010 03:37 AM

Originally Posted by MommaDorian
I usually spend all my quilting time on one project, not working on more than 1 at a time. I spent 3 days making easy tote bags. Then I spent 2 days practicing my stitching on a line with a plain baby panel. I tell ya, I didn't get much better with practice. lol

Now I'm stuck on what to do next. I know what I want to do, but I don't have the fabric yet. I could make more tote bags, but I'd like to try something different.

If you're like me and only work on one project at time, do you have another waiting in the wings, all ready to start?

I try to work on one project at a time only because I hate UFO's. The other day I started a Christmas table runner from a new pattern I had never used, messed it up and didn't have enough fabric to make another one; can't find the same fabric anywhere so I need to go back to the shop where I got the fabric. Anyhow, then started on a wrap skirt for my neighbor and couldn't finish it till she tried it on to make sure my home-made pattern was right. Then started a Quilt for Kids quilt when the phone rang to pick up my grandson. Needless to say now I have 3 UFO's to work on this weekend. My brain is always working on something new.