Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Nine Patch Project (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/nine-patch-project-t48819.html)

mrspete 07-18-2010 10:58 PM

I've relented to using my scissors again. The new blades for my rotor cutter isn't working well. If I'm going to cut one layer at a time I might as well use my scissors. ~sigh~, it's always something, huh?

I just had to vent, but I love these nine patches. I have lots of patches cut, just have to sit down and sew them together.

Oh see my new thread....."What a find!"

Blessings,
Ruth

Swan Song 07-19-2010 06:19 AM

karley I'm glad to see you found us again!

Melinda in Tulsa 07-19-2010 06:46 AM

As a beginner, I had NO idea that there are as many 9 patches as there are! I thought the 9 patch was just 9 squares sewn together, LOL. I didn't know this block was so versatile! I have learned SEW much here! (Now if I could just get my butt OFF the computer and into my sewing room!

quilt addict 07-19-2010 09:38 PM

Okay, I want to understand the 3, 6, 9" discussion. I cut some 2 1/2" strips tonight so I can get some 9 patches made. By my calculation that will end up with a 6" finished block. So if I wanted to do some 9 or 12" blocks, what width would I cut the strips to make the blocks.

Sorry it is just too late to do the math for me, and I used to be really good at it. Must be the old age.

Mine will be scrappy most likely but have the usual problem. Very little light fabric to work with. I will have to look in my stash some more because I didn't want to buy fabric.

JudyG 07-19-2010 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by quilt addict
Okay, I want to understand the 3, 6, 9" discussion. I cut some 2 1/2" strips tonight so I can get some 9 patches made. By my calculation that will end up with a 6" finished block. So if I wanted to do some 9 or 12" blocks, what width would I cut the strips to make the blocks.

Sorry it is just too late to do the math for me, and I used to be really good at it. Must be the old age.

Mine will be scrappy most likely but have the usual problem. Very little light fabric to work with. I will have to look in my stash some more because I didn't want to buy fabric.

If you want 9" blocks, you would cut 3-1/2" strips. If you want 12" blocks, you would cut 4-1/2" strips. Hope that helps.

quilt addict 07-20-2010 05:05 PM

[quote=JudyG

If you want 9" blocks, you would cut 3-1/2" strips. If you want 12" blocks, you would cut 4-1/2" strips. Hope that helps.[/quote]

Thank you so much! I will have to look for some bigger scraps.

wudbquilter 07-20-2010 08:03 PM

is it too late to join the nine patch project :?:

ScrapQuilter 07-20-2010 08:07 PM

never to late............... welcome

Swan Song 07-20-2010 09:03 PM

I added you to the group wudbquilter. Welcome!

zjsquiltymomma 07-21-2010 08:08 AM

That is really pretty! I love your layout. :)

Originally Posted by ann clare
Item No 2: D9P
Color: Red/White/Black.
5" squares.
Center block is white.
4 blocks are black. Main 4 blocks are 2 x red/white and 2 x black/white.