Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   No More Quilting Purchases!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/no-more-quilting-purchases-t140193.html)

TexasGurl 07-26-2011 11:17 AM

Seriously ... I too find it VERY difficult to resist the fierce gravitational pull of the LQS ... or any quilt /craft shop for that matter ... I leave the credit cards at home and only use debit :roll:

TexasGurl 07-26-2011 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by delideb64

Originally Posted by TexasGurl
I find it helps a lot if I disconnect the battery cables in my car ... :wink:

OH DEAR :shock:

It helps keep me at home and off the roads ... lol too bad it doesn't keep me off the computer and online shops ! anyone have a fix for that ? :wink:

BuzzinBumble 07-26-2011 11:24 AM

I have no idea... it's an addiction we all share. Maybe they should start a Stash-aholics anonymous?

vasallese 07-26-2011 11:32 AM

I find it helps a lot if I disconnect the battery cables in my car ... :wink: :wink:

That's the way!

laynak 07-26-2011 12:02 PM

What do we do with all our finished projects? How many quilts or projects do you think you have made in how many years?
This is likely a new topic!

TexasGurl 07-26-2011 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by laynak
What do we do with all our finished projects? How many quilts or projects do you think you have made in how many years?

We have to DO something with them ?? :wink:

Rosyhf 07-26-2011 12:06 PM

Every now and then go through your stash. You will be surprised at what new beautiful fabric you find. I haven't bought fabic for ages like I used to.

There is no room for more fabric. Well I have made some room with all the quilting lately. I use what I have and it's a lot. There is no reason for me to buy more and I don't go looking anyway....I stay home and sew lol.

MellieKQuilter 07-26-2011 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by laynak

We have to DO something with them ?? :wink:

My girls ask me, Mom, who are you making that for? Most the time I say, I dont know, I am just making it. :)

Aurora 07-26-2011 12:28 PM

My favorite fabric shop offers Lay-Away. So after receiving an e-mail that they had received a 300-bolt shipment -- I just had to stop in this morning. I selected some colors I need for a required project. I also found a wide variety of wine print fabrics that I wanted for placemats and table toppers. Those I put in Lay-Away.

This will allow me to continue adding to my stash, but not exceeding my limits.

starshine 07-26-2011 12:38 PM

You could do what Suze Orman suggests Freeze your credit cards in a solid block of ice in your freezer, and only carry the cash you can afford to spend. If you really want to make that purchase you have to wait until you cards thaw or you have to chip them out being careful not to break them. For me, JoAnn's is a 10 mile drive so I don't make a stop unless I'm in the area for something else. But when I do it is a budget buster. :-(