Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   No More Quilting Purchases!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/no-more-quilting-purchases-t140193.html)

tntgranny 07-26-2011 01:09 PM

Don't look at me for the answer - I have the same problem.

ssnare 07-26-2011 02:08 PM

I know the feeling. Same here.

Originally Posted by mom-6
I've been pretty good about staying out of fabric stores or limiting my purchases when I do, but the classified section on this board is putting me to the test and I'm failing miserably...

zennia 07-26-2011 02:12 PM

I leave my credit card home. I am having the same issues. I have way to much now but I keep buying more. LQS is closed tomorrow-good day to shop.

zennia 07-26-2011 02:12 PM

I leave my credit card home. I am having the same issues. I have way to much now but I keep buying more. LQS is closed tomorrow-good day to shop.

patimint 07-26-2011 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by MellieKQuilter

Originally Posted by jean1941
May have do like me on fixed income just stay home and work on what I have and stay out of stores It is hard but we can do it if we stick together and keep telling ourselves that we can do it LOL

Very true... its my lunch hours at work that get me, I think I will just run to the store and "look". UGH! :)

We can do it Jean1941!!

well you can always eat on your lunch hour, instead of shopping. That is what I did when I was broke, which was most of the time. Didn't help build my stash, but sure did fillout my figure!!!! PS did you know fat fills in your wrinkles??? try it. Just eat until the wrinkles disappear. Works for me.

MellieKQuilter 07-26-2011 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by patimint

Originally Posted by MellieKQuilter

Originally Posted by jean1941
May have do like me on fixed income just stay home and work on what I have and stay out of stores It is hard but we can do it if we stick together and keep telling ourselves that we can do it LOL

Very true... its my lunch hours at work that get me, I think I will just run to the store and "look". UGH! :)

We can do it Jean1941!!

well you can always eat on your lunch hour, instead of shopping. That is what I did when I was broke, which was most of the time. Didn't help build my stash, but sure did fillout my figure!!!! PS did you know fat fills in your wrinkles??? try it. Just eat until the wrinkles disappear. Works for me.

That is my other vice, eating!! :)

Jersey Gal 07-26-2011 02:39 PM

If you don't go shopping, you won't spend. Find the time and look through your stash for your next project.
I was tempted the last time I was at Joann's. Since I had no project in mind for the fabric I was tempted to buy, I talked myself out of a purchase.

moonwolf47 07-26-2011 02:44 PM

I used to spend spend spend when quilt shops were close by. Most have gone out of business or moved further away. They put an end to my spending. With DH work schedule and mine, I get out very little now. I don't drive and there are no shops within walking distance any longer. Oh, well, saving some money this way. lol

desertrose 07-26-2011 02:58 PM

I have no answers for you I have my own purchases to try and control. :lol: :lol: :lol: Every time I say no more buying that's when sales pop up with great savings and I convice myself I'd be dumb not to take advantage of the low prices. How can we walk away from a deal when fabric prices are sky rocketing and you've been searching for other coordinating fabrics for a project and there are some advertised :?: :?: :?: It's so unfair to us isn't it :!: :!: :!: How do they expect us to control ourselves under these conditions :!: :!: :!: How they even have Quilt Addiction Rehabs :?: :?: :?:

svenskaflicka1 07-26-2011 03:07 PM

i am lost, here, too. i work long hours, i don't get out to shop often, and i do have a cash stash that is mine. i have discovered the joys of online shopping, and indulge in yardage, kits, etc fairly often. i buy batting when there's a good deal, or a great coupon in the paper. all too soon i will be retiring. (too soon for the personal budget. in reality, i'd retire tomorrow if i really could) when i retire, there will be no more shopping sprees. so, i consider this, right now, as my fabric retirement account. if i croak first, there are at least two of my daughters who will use it, or see it to the proper homes. if i live long enough to use all of the stash, i will be about 200 when i die...