Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   No rotary blades (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/no-rotary-blades-t85145.html)

june6995 12-26-2010 04:40 AM

I learned that Harbor Freight does not order a large amount of the carpet cutter blades. I have gone there just after their delivery, and never saw more than 10 except one time, and that time there were 11 packages. I purchased ALL of them and offered them for sale here. Postage is minimal, but if you want 5 packages it is going to cost more in postage because of the weight.

June in Cincinnati

lindalou 12-26-2010 04:43 AM

I ordered 2 packs online a while ago. That's all I could order. The shipping was way more than the cost of the blades. Not sure if it was a good deal or not?

Karyn 12-26-2010 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by featherweight

Originally Posted by Connie in CO
Was so disappointed,went to Harbor Freight to buy a pack of blades.One person went in and bought them all.Who ever bought them all could of saved some for others :(
I did find something that had three blades in it,not telling that person might go in and buy all of those to.

Must have been the carpet cutter and 2 extra blades. 3.49???

Yes, thats what I bought. I got 3 packs plus the cutter with another blade. They work just fine.

calicocat 12-26-2010 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by Dina
I have been to Harbor Freight 3 times looking for blades. They have been out of them each time. I guess I am just destined to buy my blades at Wal-Mart. Though, I was told by someone in my guild that the blades are too thick to fit in the June Taylor ruler with all the slits in it...Shape and Cut, I think it is called. Maybe I am better off without them, as I use that ruler a lot. :)

I don't beleive that is true. I have them and if anything they are thinner that the regular blades that cost so much.

Connie Merritt 12-26-2010 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by Dina
I have been to Harbor Freight 3 times looking for blades. They have been out of them each time. I guess I am just destined to buy my blades at Wal-Mart. Though, I was told by someone in my guild that the blades are too thick to fit in the June Taylor ruler with all the slits in it...Shape and Cut, I think it is called. Maybe I am better off without them, as I use that ruler a lot. :)

Order on line, perhaps you will have better results.

Nona 12-26-2010 06:07 AM

they are called replacement carpet cutter blades...Part number 97642. I bought mine in Indianaplis Indiana this summer. They work fine. The cost has gone up from 1.49 to 1.99 for two replacement blades. but compared to ordering from a notion supply house they are a goood buy.

libertykm 12-26-2010 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by koko
On my way to the airport on Thursday I happened to pass HF. Because I had a few extra minutes I turned around and stopped in - it was my first visit. They had 3 packages of blades so I bought them all because of all the messages on this site. l haven't had a chance to use them yet because all my quilting materials are in the room with a sign on the door that says "enter at your own risk". I plan to reorganize the sewing room after everyone leaves and the holidays are over.

I hope you weren't going to the airport to board a plane. If they found them, they wouldn't let you take them on the plane. Not a good way to start a trip by getting arrested. haha

damaquilts 12-26-2010 06:44 AM

My brother went to Harbor Frieght and picked up the one package they had for me. I may just order online. But he said he will check everytime he goes . I bought a bunch of blades from jhittle some time ago and still have quite a bit. so its ok if it takes a while to get here.

marcias 12-26-2010 07:13 AM

I bought some from HF and it kept skipping, left a huge mess of my fabric having to cut over it 2-3 times and then having a spot or two missed. Is there a right and wrong way to put them in the cutter? Was very disappointed.

koko 12-26-2010 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by libertykm

Originally Posted by koko
On my way to the airport on Thursday I happened to pass HF. Because I had a few extra minutes I turned around and stopped in - it was my first visit. They had 3 packages of blades so I bought them all because of all the messages on this site. l haven't had a chance to use them yet because all my quilting materials are in the room with a sign on the door that says "enter at your own risk". I plan to reorganize the sewing room after everyone leaves and the holidays are over.

I hope you weren't going to the airport to board a plane. If they found them, they wouldn't let you take them on the plane. Not a good way to start a trip by getting arrested. haha

Nope, I was just picking one of my kids up. If I was boarding who knows if they would have found them or not and of course us quilters look so dangerous!! :lol:Hope she can get out tomorrow - this storm coming in is going to raise havoc with the airlines.