Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   No rotary blades (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/no-rotary-blades-t85145.html)

Connie in CO 12-25-2010 03:47 PM

Was so disappointed,went to Harbor Freight to buy a pack of blades.One person went in and bought them all.Who ever bought them all could of saved some for others :(
I did find something that had three blades in it,not telling that person might go in and buy all of those to.

Dina 12-25-2010 03:51 PM

I have been to Harbor Freight 3 times looking for blades. They have been out of them each time. I guess I am just destined to buy my blades at Wal-Mart. Though, I was told by someone in my guild that the blades are too thick to fit in the June Taylor ruler with all the slits in it...Shape and Cut, I think it is called. Maybe I am better off without them, as I use that ruler a lot. :)

gangles 12-25-2010 03:57 PM

I went to my local Harbor Freight and told the clerk I wanted them to special order ten packs of the blades for me, I had the part number with me, and they did. It took a month for them to come in but I did get them.

SewExtremeSeams 12-25-2010 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by gangles
I went to my local Harbor Freight and told the clerk I wanted them to special order ten packs of the blades for me, I had the part number with me, and they did. It took a month for them to come in but I did get them.

Really, that's interesting. I have been checking at my HF and they have been out for 6 months. This past week the clerk looked up online and said the warehouse had 3 sets. Maybe I should do as you did and eventually get them. A month's wait isn't bad. I am very thankful my blade has been holding up well. :-D

EagarBeez 12-25-2010 04:23 PM

I had ordered mine online and the wait was about a month. They sent cards saying they were out and if I still wanted to wait. If you do it that way.. do not send the cards back. It will cancel your order

great aunt jacqui 12-25-2010 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Dina
I have been to Harbor Freight 3 times looking for blades. They have been out of them each time. I guess I am just destined to buy my blades at Wal-Mart. Though, I was told by someone in my guild that the blades are too thick to fit in the June Taylor ruler with all the slits in it...Shape and Cut, I think it is called. Maybe I am better off without them, as I use that ruler a lot. :)

use my HB blades in the slotted ruler. the are the same size as any 45 rotary/ never had a problem.

pocoellie 12-25-2010 04:33 PM

Dina-the Harbor Freight rotary blades do just fine in my June Tailor Shape Cut. You can order the blades from Harbor Freight on the web though.

CoyoteQuilts 12-25-2010 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by gangles

Not true!!! HF blades worked just as well as the expensive ones for me....

Dina 12-25-2010 05:05 PM

What good news. Now that I know they do fit in the June Taylor Shape Cut, I will add Harbor Freight back on my list. Sooner or later they have to have them!! Right??

quiltsRfun 12-25-2010 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by pocoellie
Dina-the Harbor Freight rotary blades do just fine in my June Tailor Shape Cut. You can order the blades from Harbor Freight on the web though.

Tell us how to find them online. I've been doing a search but can't seem to find them.