Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Not an Addiction (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/not-addiction-t27017.html)

OdessaQuilts 10-14-2009 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by Quilt4u
Quilting is not an Addiction . Nor anything that is needed to quilt by. It is Thearpy ....

Quilting is Relaxation so it is a form of stress releaf....

.... can you add more to this list so Quilting is not an Addiction? We could be doing a lot worse....

I have proof: Quilting has lowered my blood pressure about 30 points! That is according to my most recent checkup. Dr. asked me what I was doing differently, and the ONLY thing that I could think of was that I am quilting more! So there you have it, one and all, QUILTING IS THE ANSWER FOR AMERICA'S WOES!

And since it's the answer, I think FEDERAL BAILOUT MONEY should be given to each and every quilter in America! After all, then we can buy more fabric, more tools, more machines. This puts more people back to work making fabrics, tools and machines, selling those same fabrics, tools and machines.

Quilting is a win-win-win solution to EVERYTHING! And I dare the politicians to disagree with me!

Odessa

Ybridgegal 10-14-2009 05:51 AM

Definitely works for me. The quilters of the world Unite...we can jump start the economy...give us fantastic fabric and we will buy. Think I'll get a Rx...lowered my BP and colestrol (sp)

foxxigrani 10-14-2009 05:54 AM

I got into quilt for the very reason listed. I did need the therapy. So all true.

Rita

cabbagepatchkid 10-14-2009 06:41 AM

Quilting is very relaxing to me, starting with the browsing through the fabric shops, washing and ironing my new fabrics, then cutting the pieces out and sewing them back together. The only think I don't care for in the whole process is basting the 3 layers together--once that job is done then it's back to enjoying the rest.

Quilting Aggi 10-14-2009 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by grammy Dwynn
GMTA (Great Minds Think Alike) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

So, now I will tell hubby I'm in my Therapy room (aka Sewing room).

NOW if this is therapy why can't I get a DR to give me a prescription to buy more fabric, notions, and books, etc, etc. Then I could write off all this as a "medical expense". :wink: :roll: :lol:

Ohhh if only!!!!

Rose Marie 10-14-2009 08:09 AM

Yes, yes yes. Therapy not an addiction.
You are so right.
Between quilting and reading my days are not stressful at all.

MadQuilter 10-14-2009 10:30 AM

It's called "rationalizing" and how right you are! Very expensive therapy. I went to "group therapy" the other night and am booked for two more sessions next month. :lol:

amma 10-14-2009 10:58 AM

I LOVE :D :D :D the way you all think!!! :D :D :D

joeyoz 10-14-2009 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
It's called "rationalizing" and how right you are! Very expensive therapy. I went to "group therapy" the other night and am booked for two more sessions next month. :lol:

ROFLOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

Boston1954 10-14-2009 02:56 PM

We are contributing to the art world.

We keep people warm.

We are creative.

AND (when we use small scraps) We are recycling.