Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   not liking my new sewing machine (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/not-liking-my-new-sewing-machine-t81274.html)

carolaug 12-07-2010 02:17 PM

I thought I would be able to embroider my 6 1/2 inch squares and also make labels in one of the squares for my quilts...I think my thoughts and this machine is two different things...I should have done a better job researching it. I think a regular computerize machine with lettering my be a better choice for me. I will try it a few more times/days...

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
I took 5 lessons with my new machine (included in the deal) and boy I sure learned a lot. Don't you get lessons?

What made you like your machine before you bought her?

cindyjean 12-07-2010 02:25 PM

An inexpensive Singer Futura 350 embroidery machine is good. I have a phaff. It needs repair. About 500.00 worth. I purchased the singer and was very surpised at how well I like it. Very easy to use. Much easier than my Phaff.

grann of 6 12-07-2010 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by carolaug
I bought the Brothers LB6800thrd sewing and embroidery machine....got it today. I don't like it at all...I wanted to make labels. You can not space between names and date. just not thrilled at all...and it very hard to thread. So disappointed!

Hang in there. I have Vikings but always find things new about them that I like. If it is your first embroidery machine it will take time to learn everything. Read all the info you got with it, over and over. Then keep it handy when you are sewing. I bet there is something you are missing in the reading.

MadQuilter 12-07-2010 02:37 PM

If you get a regular machine, make sure to test the alphabets and make sure that you can change the size of the letters. My Babylock does not do a good job with lettering (but it wasn't important to me when I bought her).

maryel 12-07-2010 02:43 PM

Personally, I just wouldn't keep it if I wasn't completely happy with it.

maine ladybug 12-07-2010 02:53 PM

I bought the Brothers LB6800thrd sewing and embroidery machine....got it today. I don't like it at all...I wanted to make labels. You can not space between names and date. just not thrilled at all...and it very hard to thread. So disappointed!

Maybe you could be helped by taking a class. Was it offered where you purchased the machine? I learned a lot about my Bernina when I first got it by going to a class. Just a suggestion, I hate to think that you don't like your new machine.

Chasing Hawk 12-07-2010 03:09 PM

I have the Brother PE 770 and I love it. I asked a lady here on the board if she would make the PES file for my label. I am getting software for Christmas to make a lot of new pretties with my machine. Also I am getting a new set of hoops, a smaller one 4x4 and the bigger one 5 x 12 and a little bitty thing 1.5 x 2.

KwiltyKahy 12-07-2010 03:12 PM

So sorry to hear about you trouble. I have 3 Brothers now and probably wouldn't use anything else.
Wish I was close enough to help you with it. Hope it gets better.

crochetetc 12-07-2010 03:14 PM

Go and take a class and have someone walk you through it. I assumed because I had been using a Viking embroidery machine that it was all the same it is not.

I let it sit for 2 years before taking a class and now enjoy using that feature on my machine. I didn't buy it for this but it was an added bonus.

leatheflea 12-07-2010 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by cindyjean
An inexpensive Singer Futura 350 embroidery machine is good. I have a phaff. It needs repair. About 500.00 worth. I purchased the singer and was very surpised at how well I like it. Very easy to use. Much easier than my Phaff.

I have the singer 250, works great for me. It took me awhile to learn to use it and still learn new things about it all the time. I've had it about 3 years now,