Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   not liking my new sewing machine (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/not-liking-my-new-sewing-machine-t81274.html)

ckcowl 12-07-2010 04:02 PM

you should think of your sewing machine the way a hubby thinks of his car...and HE would NEVER buy one without test-driving, checking under the hood -- your machine is an investment. go try out as many machines in your price-range you can find...then choose the machine that fits your needs

sueisallaboutquilts 12-07-2010 07:44 PM

I'm sorry to hear of your disappointment. Hope it either works out for you or you find something that does.

tjradj 12-07-2010 07:49 PM

I think in your heart you've already decided to bring it back. So do it. Take your time trying out other machines and make another choice. You won't regret it.

carolaug 12-08-2010 03:04 AM

A friend of mine is going to come over this weekend...she is also interested in this machine so she wants to understand what I do not like and see if I am understanding the instructions correctly. I did try sewing. Its very different than my old machine. I think I will like the computerized computer machine once i get use to it. It is a bit overwhelming....

mic-pa 12-08-2010 03:21 AM

TAKE it back, at least let the dealer work with you to show you how it works and then if you are still unhappy change it for one you will like. Goodness knows there are many machines out there to fit everyones desires. I love my Janomes and they emb. without a problem

Aurora 12-08-2010 03:32 AM

Several of our guild members have the Brother 400, I was thinking about getting the 6800. That manual is the size of a small novel. I normally don't read the manual, just glance through it and then use it as a reference source as I use the machine. I am more of a hands-on learner.

Silly me, I never thought I would want an embroidery machine, now it tops my list.

uniquelynancy 12-08-2010 04:04 AM

I had the same thing happen only I bought a Baby Lock Quilters choice. It's so hard to program! and I don't like the off-set needle and I wanted to make labels too and found it's too hard! Next I bought a new mechanical Bernina that looked exactly like my old one. I love my OLD one but they cheapened the new one and the feet are awful! THere's no up and don't needle control with the foot pedal anymore. Horrible zipper foot!

uniquelynancy 12-08-2010 04:05 AM

I should have said that my repair man was shocked that I wore out a Bernina. THat's how much I sew.

LindaR 12-08-2010 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by deema

Originally Posted by carolaug
I bought the Brothers LB6800thrd sewing and embroidery machine....got it today. I don't like it at all...I wanted to make labels. You can not space between names and date. just not thrilled at all...and it very hard to thread. So disappointed!

You can't space? I just bought a brother machine. It's not an embroidery machine, but it does do alphabet stitches. I can space between on it by inserting a _

I was going to suggest this also, there is something shown that will space....mine is a little square....

thseabreze 12-08-2010 05:43 AM

I would take it back and get something else, that suited my needs.