Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Not lost, but can't find (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/not-lost-but-cant-find-t300611.html)

Stitchnripper 10-31-2018 01:37 PM

I lose things all the time. I recently "lost" all my blocks for a Saturday Sampler. Duh, they were on my design board! Right before my very eyes!!

WANNABEE 10-31-2018 01:58 PM

My favorite is when I put something in a safe place. Still looking for some of my safe places.

Maggie_Sue 10-31-2018 02:11 PM

After the last time I lost something, I deceided to start a "safe place" notebook. So when I put something in a safe place I jot it down. Now if I can just remember where I put the notebook...

SillySusan 10-31-2018 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Crqltr (Post 8153063)
Buy a new one...you will find the old one really fast!

That's been my experience! A few months' ago, I "lost" every stitch ripper thingy I owned. Searched all over. We all know that we can't live without this gismo, so I hiked myself to my neighborhood Hobby Lobby, bought one, and when I got home... You guessed it, I found 3 of them just where they were supposed to be!! I know they jumped out of that box and hid just to confuse me!

Cheshirepat 10-31-2018 02:25 PM

This happens to me every time I travel. I put things in my sewing room 'away' for 'safekeeping', and to clean up the room for the petsitter who comes in...months later I will find things I stashed. I drive me crazy!

Jingle 10-31-2018 03:16 PM

I have done that with non sewing related things. Can't for the life of me find them.

Anniedeb 10-31-2018 07:13 PM

Finding the lost can sometimes be frustrating...and funny. Last weekend my DH was searching for "something". After several minutes I finally asked "What. are. you. looking. for?" (In a very loud voice). "My glasses" he says. I said "Stop looking....you're wearing them."

BETTY62 10-31-2018 08:47 PM

Far to often. LOL

Bobbinalong 10-31-2018 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by zozee (Post 8153010)
How thick is the package? Could you have put it in a book or magazine ? Or it never made it into the house? Try the trunk. We lost our remote once, and searched everywhere for 3 days. On the 4th night we were watching TV, DH decided to eat the rest of the potato chips. Lo and behold, the remote was in the chip bag! So now whenever something goes AWOL, we say “check the chip bag.”

Heavens!! How big are your chip bags over there?

I guess I go straight to 'single serve' size; there's only me and I just wouldn't be able to trust myself to stop. :o

Nativetexan, 'I always find things the last place I look' ............ I just love some of the things we all say. Why would you carry on looking after you find something?:)

jmoore 11-01-2018 02:33 AM

Even though I am a little OCD and have a tidy sewing room...I misplaced my 9mm stitch plate to my Bernina and had to purchase a new one before I could do anything other than a straight stitch. Luckily I had another machine I could use in the meanwhile but I mean I looked everywhere before I pulled out my credit card for a new one.