Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Oh, what a day! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/oh-what-day-t62656.html)

lacikat 09-05-2010 04:31 AM

I can imagine the chaos as the other nite I went to scare a
raccoon off my porch because he was eating the cats food and they were just watching him. As I opened the door a little racoon jumped up from the side of the step and came right on in, goes to the kitchen like he lived here and up the cupboard knocking things down as I am now weilding a broom and calling my daughter on the phone. She's screaming for me to get out of the house and call 911 because she "knows" he has rabies. Anyway he ends up in my
bedroom lookiing out the window which is open an inch so I
think okay I'll just go outside and push the window up the rest of the way, wrong! I had it so noone could push it up
from the outside and had to go back in and open it from the
inside (he must have been under the bed at this point). I
left the window open and he apparently made his escape. Slept on the couch (off and on) until 4 am and gave up and
went to bed as there was no noise and I was sure he would have been looking for a snack by then. Now my cats can fend for themselves and share if they want to!

sewmom 09-05-2010 07:41 AM

sounds like Christmas Vacation movie! we've had bats inour house twice and a couple of springs ago a mama racoon climbed in our chimney and gave birth to 4 babies on the inside ledge! we have a triple flu chimney so my DH blocked off the other 2 and proceeded to make life uncomfortable for her-hoping she would think it was not a safe place for her babies. Imagine my glee when i came downstairs to find him BARKING up the fireplace!!!HE he!I"m giggling right now thinking about it! Next he tried an emergency siren that he got from work-oh wow> but all it did was tick her off. She chewed up my yardstick when he tried to poke her. She finally left and went off chasing another racoon that climbed up the ladder. DH blocked off that flu and used tongs to lift out the babies. we put them on the porch in a warm box and the next morning they were gone. Needless to say, we now have chimey caps!

grandme26 09-05-2010 12:09 PM

I did not have my doors or windows open when I heard a sound coming from the fireplace. When I went to investigate it scooted out of the fireplace, down one hall and into the bedroom, then bathroom and finally the shower. It was a cute little squirrel that somehow got into the chimney flute and down to the fireplace. What I did was open bathroom window, took screen off, opened shower door, then closed bathroom door. Went back a couple of hours later and he was gone.

craftybear 09-05-2010 12:13 PM

oh my, glad you found out what it was and got it out of your office

zz-pd 09-05-2010 08:53 PM

That is so funny, I can just picture it. thank you for the laugh. God bless. Penny

Annya 09-06-2010 12:54 AM

over the 40 years of marriage I have had snake of all kinds in my houses(we moved a lot) the last one was last year. My husband went out and nearly stood on a brown snake. Now over the years I have become terrified of snakes uuuugggg hate those snakes. DH froze unusual for him. I had to jump over the snake and get the shovel sh poor DH can try to get it out from under the stairs. the snake got away in the laundry some where( we live in a low house and the laundry is outside. It took at least 1/2hour for DH to relax. and I STILL HATE SNAKES I cannot even stand seeing them on TV. I have to either look away or go out of the room.

Dee 09-06-2010 11:53 AM

Cute story.

lauriejo 09-06-2010 01:16 PM

I don't mind the snakes, some are quite beautiful but spiders . . . EWWWWW. I don't even like to read the word.

mtnmama 09-06-2010 01:44 PM

I have to add to this story. We also live in the country, in the mountains. We haven't actually had critters inside the house, but our house has a covered porch around the front and side of the house. We have had all kinds of animals and snakes in the yard and on the porch, even had a black bear looking in the french doors one night. Lots of deer, turkeys and even was awakened this very morning by coyotes. One night our black lab was barking and really going nuts outside, when we went out to see what was going on, two huge buffalo went running through the yard. WOW, my husband and I just looked at each other and broke out laughing. Apparently someone was raising them nearby and they made an escape! :shock: :lol:

QuiltMania 09-06-2010 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by litacats

Originally Posted by maryb119
LOL! Thanks for the laugh this morning! Cute Story!

I to thank you for the laugh, aren't they a cute little animal or do you know something I don't know. I would have loved to have seen him, we don't have them in aussieland

Little buggers are only cute outside! They are very destructive.