Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Which One--- New Ideas (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/one-new-ideas-t288123.html)

NZquilter 05-09-2017 12:53 PM

Which One--- New Ideas

2 Attachment(s)
I gathered that about half of you didn't like my new fabrics in "Which One?" that I posted yesterday and I can see where you are coming from. Unfortunately I can't follow all the suggestions as 1) I am totally out of the light green, yellow, and red that was used in the quilt. I liturally had to piece patches of the green together in order to make it work. And 2) I don't get to town often to buy fabric. We are on a tight buget so I can't just go out and buy more. I always work with what I have and saved up to go buy the new fabrics; I would hate not to use at least one in this baby quilt:(

Anyway, that's my reasons for not exactly listening:) But here are two more ideas. What do you think?

osewme 05-09-2017 01:01 PM

I didn't vote on the first one but I see what I like here. I would use the green for a border & then I would bind it with the light duck fabric. I know that was not one of your options but if you had enough duck fabric for a large border, you should have enough to use for binding. That's going to be a darling baby quilt.

Dina 05-09-2017 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by osewme (Post 7820885)
I didn't vote on the first one but I see what I like here. I would use the green for a border & then I would bind it with the light duck fabric. I know that was not one of your options but if you had enough duck fabric for a large border, you should have enough to use for binding. That's going to be a darling baby quilt.

I like this idea also. Very cute quilt!

Dina

jbj137 05-09-2017 01:48 PM

*** I like Osewme's idea.
*** I'm with you in using what you have.

AVFD215 05-09-2017 01:53 PM

I like the narrow lite inside border and wider dark outside border.

Barb in Louisiana 05-09-2017 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by AVFD215 (Post 7820918)
I like the narrow lite inside border and wider dark outside border.

I agree with AVFD215. Use the light border first to finish it off and then the dark green to ground it.

popover 05-09-2017 02:31 PM

You really don't have to please anyone but yourself. Its your quilt. Did Picasso fuss because someone didn't like that particular shade of green?

GingerK 05-09-2017 02:36 PM

Sorry, I really like the narrow green border. It seems to finish the blocks and picks up the green from the blocks and the ducky fabric. I think the ducky fabric is too busy as a first border but looks lovely as a wider second border. I know, I just have to be different, don't I.

pewa88 05-09-2017 03:14 PM

I vote for the duck narrow border and green wider. Cute quilt and those are darling squirrel appliqué.

NJ Quilter 05-09-2017 03:21 PM

I'm odd man out here - I'd go with just the wide green border and not use the duck fabric. Then again, it's your quilt. I might use the duck fabric for binding?? Do you need both borders to get it to the size you want? Just my thoughts.