Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Opinions on cutting table ( pic. shown) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/opinions-cutting-table-pic-shown-t29250.html)

krob 11-24-2009 12:08 PM

Adjust your height as necessary and buy the table! It is not heavy duty, but it does fold up and is nice enough--especially for the $$$$.

alaskasunshine 11-24-2009 12:16 PM

I have it and I like it ok , well it is too tall to cut on. I do have all my projects on it though. I would not get again.

craftygma47 11-24-2009 12:30 PM

I HAVE IT AND LOVE IT, NOT JUST FOR CUTTING BUT PINNING AND BASTING SMALLER QUILTS.

liblueeyes 11-24-2009 02:29 PM

Thank you all for your opinions and advice. I think what i may have to do is go to the store see if the height is listed and see how excited I am about getting it. The table I am using now isn't great but I could keep using till I find just the right thing. I hate making purchases that you have to live with for a long time. :( Never sure what to do
Welcome to all those who posted for the first time too...... I lurk more than post ...

jljack 11-24-2009 02:40 PM

Hi CozyQuilts....Welcome to a great place for quilters. All these people are so kind and supportive. Any quilter is welcome here.

nursie76 11-24-2009 02:42 PM

I have this table and love it. It is just the right height for me to cut, baste, lay out pieces to experiment and many other things. You do have to handle it carefully when moving it, you can't yank it around, which it tells you in the instructions, but I have had mine for a year and have used it alot. I do feel the regular price is high, but that sale price is a good bargain. I got mine from the discount section of my Joann's really cheap, because it has a small ding in the one edge. Hubby brought it home and repaired it so you can hardly see it and it doesn't interfere with the usefulness at all.

adriansmom 11-24-2009 02:51 PM

My m om has this table and we both love it. It is about the same height as a counter. The only problem she has had is the part that pulls up got loose from her pushing down to cut fabric. She just re-enforced the under side so it doesn't push down when she is cutting. That was the only issue in about 5 years so I think thats good.

Margie 11-24-2009 03:01 PM

If this is the table that folds up really small, I have had it for about 15 years....although, I bought it at Hancocks when they were still in PA :(. I have seen the exact same table at Joann's and I LOVE IT. Have never had a problem with it and would purchase it again in a heartbeat if I needed another one.

Margie

btw ...that is an excellent price too :)

Marguerite 11-24-2009 03:32 PM

I have this table and love it. I bought it many years ago and love it becasue it's the right height for me. No back pain leaning over. It's great for pinning small quilts too.

mcdaniel023 11-24-2009 04:58 PM

I have this table and LOVE it. The height is perfect for me. I use it to cut, using my large cutting mat and to iron large pieces using a ironing mat.
Both sides fold down, if you need to store it out of the way.