Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Opinions needed, please (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/opinions-needed-please-t240430.html)

ruck9085 02-05-2014 01:03 PM

Opinions needed, please

1 Attachment(s)
This is my niece's wedding quilt. She requested browns, beige, rust white and blue. She also picked out the pattern. Question is, does that blue throw this off or does it work!

lodes48 02-05-2014 01:19 PM

I think it works especially if you incorporate the fabric or color in the sashing or border.

bjchad 02-05-2014 01:19 PM

I think it works ok but would be better if you add some more of it by using it in at least one border.

DogHouseMom 02-05-2014 01:32 PM

Since you asked (normally I wouldn't say anything)... when I first opened it I thought "ugh, colors wrong" (I always look at the pic before I read the text).

I think a solid blue would look better than a blue print.

BTW ... you have a block flipped. Top right ... beige/rust HST in the frame :)

M.Elizabeth 02-05-2014 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by bjchad (Post 6556923)
I think it works ok but would be better if you add some more of it by using it in at least one border.

I agree with this assessment.

QuiltnNan 02-05-2014 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by M.Elizabeth (Post 6556942)
I agree with this assessment.

ditto from me

oh munner 02-05-2014 01:41 PM

I agree... I don't think the blue patterned fabric works at all. Maybe you just need to eliminate it altogether and find a blue that works better... something with a smaller print or a batik.

Originally Posted by DogHouseMom (Post 6556939)
Since you asked (normally I wouldn't say anything)... when I first opened it I thought "ugh, colors wrong" (I always look at the pic before I read the text).

luvTooQuilt 02-05-2014 01:42 PM

I agree, IMHO color is off a bit, there is nothing incorporating the two colors..(however the photo may be deceiving from your pic to my computer..
A printed fabric with all the colors for the center star perhaps..

sewmary 02-05-2014 01:42 PM

The quilt is pretty but the blue is jarring. Wrong color family to play well with browns and rusts. Would take out blue altogether - maybe put a blue backing on the quilt?

Crqltr 02-05-2014 01:49 PM

I agree here, this blue just does not work. I think a different shade of blue and a smaller print would work better. I love this pattern and your other colors!