Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Our wal-mart is losing fabric :( (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/our-wal-mart-losing-fabric-t88583.html)

barb's works in progress 01-09-2011 02:00 PM

Yes, I think we do need to let Walmart know how we feel.

sewmom 01-09-2011 04:01 PM

the lady in our Walmart fabric department told me this week that it looked like they got to keep their fabric for another year. Don't know how true it is b/c rumors fly you know.

NanaSue 01-09-2011 04:42 PM

Was at our wal-mart in central PA today and they had 3 hugh cart fulls of new cotton fabric and didn't know where to put them. But the second Wal-mart in the same town doesn't carry Fabric???

Linda Irene 01-09-2011 04:59 PM

I live in West Bend, Wi . I sure hope it isn't our Wal Mart who is getting rid of there fabric!!!!!!

craftymatt2 01-09-2011 05:09 PM

That would be a great way to stash up

CarrieAnne 01-09-2011 05:15 PM

Ive called the 1-800 many times and asked them not to take ours, and its still leaving!

Cassews 01-09-2011 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by KANDU
We lost the fabric centers at 2 local Walmarts in the past 18 months............. Thank God for the discount racks at Joann's!!!

At least you have a Jo-Ann's or a Hancock. On the western slopeof Colorado we don't have that luxury. One of the Wal Marts took out the fabric and the other is tiny now compared to what it used to be. Our Jo-Ann's went out stating the lease on the Mall store was going to raise, and with a promise of a new Jo-Ann's.. Pfffftttttt.... Oh well guess when I go to see the grands in SLC, UT or go to Denver to see the other daughter, I will have to shop Jo-Ann's as well as Hancock's.

k9dancer 01-09-2011 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by tuesy

Originally Posted by sewwhat85
i worked on the remodel crew and it is our understanding that all fabric depts will go out with the new remodel within the next 5 years

Not here! They remodeled a couple of years ago and we still have fabric, plus they're getting more. It's over stocked.

Where are you?

jazway 01-09-2011 07:02 PM

I went to Walmart today. They had lots of nice fabric marked doen to $3&4.00. I asked if they were losing the department.....no....making room for new and more. Where is my money man when I need him?

JuneD 01-09-2011 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by Naturalmama
I just talked to the fabric lady tonight and it's official. They will be remodeling Feb/Mar and the fabric will be gone. :cry: I hope I can find a little $$ to stock up before then! Some of it is horrible, but some of it is very nice...

Unfortunately Walmart has closed their fabric departments in 3 of their stores near me. I pitched a fit, but didn't change anything. The Walmart closest to me has only stampbooking stuff. One good thing that came from their closing, I was able to stock up on fabric, batting, etc.