Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Overheard at Joanne's (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/overheard-joannes-t175816.html)

DeMaris 01-20-2012 12:07 PM

LOL...that is too funny....I bet he is in alot of trouble!!!!

Mousie 01-20-2012 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by penski (Post 4884624)
awe poor guy !! at least he is trying to make things right !!!

He probably didn't THINK first, but one of the kids came in and gave him the - "oh, I don't want to be you...look."
I bet even the dog is hiding, lol!
I have to say, I did have all purpose scissors around the house and everyone was trained appropriately.
Never did have a pair ruined and no one was killed as a result, LOL...bwahahaha.
Lighten up ppl.
Of course we don't love our scissors more than our hubbies.
We'd never KILL them.
Now a good beating might ensue prompltly, but he'll recover.
To be fair, I've never used hubby's tools without asking him first either.
It's not that we won't beat each other senseless, we're just not that into it....:D :D :D :D :D

wvdek 01-20-2012 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by IAmCatOwned (Post 4880017)
What I don't get is a man, who is smart enough to go in search of a replacement pair of scissors before she finds out, isn't smart enough to not use her sewing scissors in the first place.

AMEN!
I have scissors in every room of the house. DH broke a pair recently and I stated, "that is why I don't let you use my $40.00 sewing scissors. I know you don't want to have to replace them." He does not go near them.

katydidkg 01-21-2012 03:33 AM

Too funny, at least the hubby didn't go to Lowe's to buy her scissors !

Just Me... 01-21-2012 04:46 AM

My Hubs knows that if he dares enter my sewing room and touch ANY of my tools, it opens the door for me to go into the garage and use HIS! We don't have any problems.......LOL

EllieGirl 01-21-2012 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by littlesurfer (Post 4879530)
Reminds me of the time I found my good fiskars scissors in my husband's tools in the garage...he didn't know how they got there...lol!

That is exactly what my husband would say! Our printer is in my sewing room and I found a pair os regular scissors in my sewing room. That made me nervous so I wrote in black marker on my sewing scissors "sewing only." Hubby asked me why and I explained about not using my sewing scissors.

jjmmhh 01-21-2012 05:19 AM

boy! how familiar is this? however, the other day i found a small hex screwdriver of his in my sewing things. (of course, not knowing how it got there.) anyway, i hurried up and put it in his tools in the shed just now after reading this post.

fabricfairy 01-21-2012 06:20 AM

My husband knows if it is in the sewing room it is off limits........for fear of his life.

dglvr 01-22-2012 01:45 PM

Well atleast he didn't hide them and make her feel like she lost them. What a guy for going to replace them. But what was he thinking to pick them up and think cutting tin was a good idea. hahaha. I caught my husbands kids with one of my favorite scissors once. That was all it took. They never touched my scissors again. Infact they stayed out of my sewing room. hehe.

ButtermilkMama 01-22-2012 02:39 PM

That used to happen years ago when my children were still at home, but that was before I bought expensive scissors. Husband doesn't use mine!!!!!!!