Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Paper Piecing (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/paper-piecing-t165072.html)

bonnyh 11-04-2011 03:44 AM

Go to 'Quilt Blocks Galore' . They have blocks in every size and every method. Careful - it's for personal use only but hundreds of blocks.

Drue 11-04-2011 03:52 AM

I took a class a number of years ago and got about 3 blocks stitched. Had to put it away and it sat in the clear plastic box for 8 years. Finally got it out and finished it this year. PP makes lovely points and precise edges. What I don't like is removing the paper....takes almost as long as making the top. I did finish the quilt and it really looks good, but Not ready to start another at this time but probably will in the future.
Good luck and hope you enjoy the class.
Hugs

catladyquilts 11-04-2011 04:36 AM

Originally Posted by mhansen6 (Post 4617493)
I love the look of paper piecing but I HATE taking the paper off. Has anyone found a way to get the paper off easier? I do reduce my stitch length.

I also love paper piecing. I have found if you use a moistened q-tip to run along the seam it dissolves the paper and makes it easier to tear off.

Sunflower Girl 11-04-2011 04:37 AM

I took a class a few weeks ago and I love it!!

Mariposa 11-04-2011 05:00 AM

Carol Doak has lots of fun ones, also www.paperpanache.com. Lots of freebies out there, you just hafta look~ :)

MdmSew'n'Sew 11-04-2011 05:01 AM

I find that QuiltersCache, Marcia Hohn's site, has the most quilt blocks and even notes which ones are PP when you look at the alphabetical listing of the block names. She has an incredible assortment of traditional and original blocks, plus at least one photo of the block (and sometimes quilts or wallhangings) besides all her marvelous graphics. There are detailed instructions and fabric requirements noted on most of them, plus a bunch of tutorials. AND she does a great blog, "Letters From Mama Bear" - I just wish she would archive them, they are so interesting! Check it out.

Pink Dogwood 11-04-2011 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by margie77072 (Post 4618133)
Here are a few I use:
piecebynumber.com
quiltiger.homip.net
quilterscache.com
sewhooked.com
paperpanache.com
yarn-or-fabric.weebly.com/paper-piecing-tutorial-links.html

I don't know how to make them into links.

Thanks for the sites. Love PP. Will check out these sites.

Highmtn 11-04-2011 05:51 AM

Ok.. Now I ADMIT to be a bit spazzy at times, but as much as PP fascinates I about had a heart attack in my first lesson...LOL My friend just showed me this last week and I looked at her and said "OH SURE.. this looks EASY if you're DYSLEXIC AND INSANE"...LOL I may have started on a block that is WAYY TOO advanced. Maybe a DIFFERENT teacher could get me thinking about it easier.. I just know.. I was laughing at my inability to get this concept. I finally looked at my girlfriend and accused her of being a BAD TEACHER. She was enjoying my lamenting a weee bit toooo much. We had a great laugh.

crewsin 11-04-2011 06:52 AM

I just almost finished my first paper piecing quilt top. I just need to sash the outside edge. I did the Dresden plates in bright jewel colors. You have to like to handsew. Go to www.paperpieces.com. They have patterns, and seem to have regular sales. I bought one pattern for a penny. Their patterns contain all the paper pieces and instructions--you just supply fabric. I have two more to do now.

katsewnsew 11-04-2011 06:55 AM

I have only done 2 pp projects, and I really enjoyed doing them. Got brave and purchased Carol Doak's Mariner Compass ! This is my New year project.