Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   People unclear on the concept of a quilt.... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/people-unclear-concept-quilt-t889.html)

susan s. 05-04-2007 09:23 AM

I like the pre-nup idea. Call it a quilt-care-contract. I'm glad you ladies liked my painters tarp Idea I'll send a picture when I get my bed-spread-tarp finished :D :twisted:

Rebecca Chambley 05-04-2007 01:08 PM

A Tarp-duvet,

signitwright 05-04-2007 06:13 PM

Susan, Thanks for the great idea!!!!I too like your style. My d-i-l will probably love that idea.hehehehe ........But, on the up side, I did get that great bundle of 360 - 6 in . squares of georgous Hawaiian prints she had NO IDEA what to do with.Good thing I did, huh? Thanks again for the great thought. I do have just a touch of a devil in me to actually decorate a drop cloth. :-) :twisted: :twisted: :-)

Boo 05-04-2007 07:43 PM

360 6"squares of hawaiian prints?!?!?!?!?! Oh my, you are one lucky lady. You had better post of picture when you make something out of them! (excuse my drool) :mrgreen:

SandraJennings 05-07-2007 03:24 PM

Dear signitwright.....Sounds like two "people " need a quilt.....the dog....and maybe a small lap quilt for the DIL.....She can have the lap quilt! i bet the dog would love a snippet quilt of all the scraps too small to make a square from....light fusible and some allover stitching.....VOILA' .....a snuggly for a much loved multi-legged family member...Why not? what were you just going to throw them away? LOL!

signitwright 05-07-2007 03:36 PM

Hi Sandra, I have every intention of making my grandpup a quilt, complete with pictures of her furry four-legged "aunt and uncle" who live here at my house. I will post pictures of the quilts I make for their home. My d-i-l truely had no idea she had said anything out of the ordinary. So, no real offense was taken. After all, she did give me those wonderful Hawaiian print squares that she could have thrown away. Shows she was thinking of me. Thanks for your input. Really good ideas. Happy Quilting Pam

signitwright 05-07-2007 03:36 PM

Hi Sandra, I have every intention of making my grandpup a quilt, complete with pictures of her furry four-legged "aunt and uncle" who live here at my house. I will post pictures of the quilts I make for their home. My d-i-l truely had no idea she had said anything out of the ordinary. So, no real offense was taken. After all, she did give me those wonderful Hawaiian print squares that she could have thrown away. Shows she was thinking of me. Thanks for your input. Really good ideas. Happy Quilting Pam :lol:

signitwright 05-07-2007 03:37 PM

Hi Sandra, I have every intention of making my grandpup a quilt, complete with pictures of her furry four-legged "aunt and uncle" who live here at my house. I will post pictures of the quilts I make for their home. My d-i-l truely had no idea she had said anything out of the ordinary. So, no real offense was taken. After all, she did give me those wonderful Hawaiian print squares that she could have thrown away. Shows she was thinking of me. Thanks for your input. Really good ideas. Happy Quilting to you too. :D :D

SandraJennings 05-07-2007 03:41 PM

No doubt you have a wonderful gift...in DIL, grandpup...and all....Some of the best gifts are those that softly remind us of the wonder we behold whether others see it or not. And you.....get one block after another of beauty to behold....you will have fun! :D

signitwright 05-07-2007 07:12 PM

Thank You Sandra. You are so nice. And yes I am blessed with a wonderful family . Two legged, four legged and even a slithering critter. (My son has a fondness for reptiles and decided since is grown and away from home ,I needed a ball python to remind me of when he lived at home and filled the house wiith snakes and lizards.) He gifted one to me. :lol: