Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Pinwheel Project to start Feb 10, 2011 NEW (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/pinwheel-project-start-feb-10-2011-new-t96494.html)

BMP 03-06-2011 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by ktmo815
I need input on sashing, please - should I put any in, if so what?
(I still need to make some more blocks, though)

No sashing its looks great the way it is, I agree it would take away from the contrast.

CherryPie 03-06-2011 04:46 AM

Originally Posted by susiequilt
Today is day 24!

How is everyone coming along?
I'm hanging in there!
I think I have my final design in my head and just need a few more pinwheels then I hope to applique or embroider something in the white on white blocks between the pinwheels.
I'm also thinking of using the 2" of material I cut off the 10" blocks to make them 8" and sew those strips end to end to make a narrow border around the body of the quilt. I was thinking of a prairie border but that fabric is only 2" wide so that won't work. Also thinking of a piano border but I'm sure I won't have enough strips left for that so I think the multicolored border will do nicely.

:-D :-D

I only have a few more pinwheels to make. Changed my design so had to do some figuring because my pinwheel was smaller than what the design was but I think I'm about ready to start doing that phase. I'm excited about how the outcome will look like. I'll probably put a small border around it but haven't gotten that far yet. Hopefully I'll be able to post some pictures soon. Happy quilting!!!

grann of 6 03-06-2011 08:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
WOO HOO!!! I am done!!! Top is finished, now to put on the backing and decide how I will quilt it. I had limited yardage as I couldn't find yardage for the backing in the design I wanted so had to settle. I had a jelly roll, so I cut that up into scrappy lengths and used that for the border; will put a row in the backing also. Forgot to take a pic of the backing.

Twisted Quilter 03-06-2011 08:44 AM

Now that's something to WooHooo about! It's gorgeous.
Wish I could say the same about mine. :cry:

Job well done.

grann of 6 03-06-2011 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by Twisted Quilter
Now that's something to WooHooo about! It's gorgeous.
Wish I could say the same about mine. :cry:

Job well done.

Thanks so much. I just realized this is the first really big quilt I have ever done. I have made fleece blankets/quilt, but the first time piecing a big one. It fits my queen size bed nicely but is intended for a full size bed.

Marlys 03-06-2011 09:00 AM

Very pretty! Job well done! I'm a little behind because I've been sick, but I'll get caught up eventually.

Kaye-Kaye 03-06-2011 09:01 AM

Hey Grann of 6: I love love love it. I really like yellow with black. Your scrap border was a great idea. Very nice!

BMP 03-06-2011 01:59 PM

Love the scrap boarder, I want to do one on something soon

Blue Bell 03-06-2011 02:01 PM

Gram of 6
Your quilt is gorgeous. Nice job. Great border.

grann of 6 03-06-2011 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Blue Bell
Gram of 6
Your quilt is gorgeous. Nice job. Great border.

Thanks. I am working on the back right now. I have to piece it, so I am trying to integrate the strips into that too. This is a first for me.