Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Pinwheel Project to start Feb 10, 2011 NEW (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/pinwheel-project-start-feb-10-2011-new-t96494.html)

BettyB 05-01-2011 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by quilter53

Originally Posted by VickiM
Quilter53...love the blocks in between your 4-patch pinwheels. Going to look good!

thank you. It's a preprinted fabric but thought it would fit with pinwheels.

I have a lot of left over preprint blocks too, very good idea, and yours look really good with your pinwheels.

quilter53 05-02-2011 04:44 AM

[

I have a lot of left over preprint blocks too, very good idea, and yours look really good with your pinwheels.[/quote]

Thank you. It was a hard decision what to do. There are so many beautiful ideas here. Every time I would see another top here I would go again. :)

susiequilt 05-02-2011 05:45 PM

I love to see more pinwheel ideas!
Keep them coming.
Very nice blocks both of you.
:-D

kimscruzer 05-03-2011 03:16 AM

I LOVE your black pinwheels. They have taken on a modern flair. When I first looked at them , I did not see the pinwheels. They are awesome! I may have another project in the works. ; )

Originally Posted by VickiM
Ok...I got the Magic Triangles Quilt top finished. I haven't decided on a backing, but the binding will be the same as the pinwheel fabric (black/chocolate dot). I also made a tablerunner from the scraps of the quilt.

greenini 05-03-2011 05:45 AM

I haven't been too active on this thread, but I did make a number of giant pinwheels, starting with 9 1/2 " sq so I will have a good sized quilt. I haven't gotten it together yet, but I'm thinking about how to do it. Thanks for this idea, I'd never have undertaken pinwheels without all the moral and practical support!

dhanke 05-03-2011 11:58 AM

That's so clever, what a great way to use pillow panels. I may have another pinwheel project in the near future!

Originally Posted by quilter53
I didnt make 78 pinwheels only around 50-60. I only used part of them in this small quilt. Here's a pic of the blocks on my design board and 2 of the QAYG blocks that are done. The true colors don't come thru real well on the camera but I'm pleased with the results.

VickiM 05-04-2011 06:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
OK, I did this to finish up the last of the pinwheels...they are different sizes so just grabbed some stash and went for it...guess it didn't turn out too bad. Now I must get busy and sandwich & quilt & bind all these quilt tops I've emassed! No more quilttops till I do...

Pinwheel odd's & ends
[ATTACH=CONFIG]193022[/ATTACH]

Homespun 05-04-2011 06:33 PM

See topic "pinwheel challenge quilt top" to see what I did with my blocks--actually I have enough left over to make a baby quilt.

SandyinZ4 05-04-2011 06:35 PM

VickiM- You proved that it doesn't take much to make a sweet little quilt. You will be busy for a while. :-)

cjr 05-04-2011 08:09 PM

VickieM,
Thanks for suggestion. My blocks are scrappy and all different sizes. I like how each of yours are impportant.