Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Pinwheel Project to start Feb 10, 2011 NEW (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/pinwheel-project-start-feb-10-2011-new-t96494.html)

Twisted Quilter 02-13-2011 11:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Okay, this is my 1st pinwheel. I'm not great at sewing so it took a long time (4 hrs). Hopefully the next will go a lot quicker. If not, I won't be done until next year. :roll:

WooHooooo!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]152396[/ATTACH]

grann of 6 02-13-2011 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by Twisted Quilter
Okay, this is my 1st pinwheel. I'm not great at sewing so it took a long time (4 hrs). Hopefully the next will go a lot quicker. If not, I won't be done until next year. :roll:

I like the way you are doing that. Mine are just simple. Looks good to me!

grann of 6 02-13-2011 11:29 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Okay, here's what I have. I need to play with the layout a little, I think. Some of the blocks need to be moved around. But I can see better through the camera than just standing there. Here are 2 different angles. Opinions please.....

davidwent 02-13-2011 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by grann of 6
Okay, here's what I have. I need to play with the layout a little, I think. Some of the blocks need to be moved around. But I can see better through the camera than just standing there. Here are 2 different angles. Opinions please.....

I thought we were doing one block a day??? LOL
David

Twisted Quilter 02-13-2011 11:32 AM

Oooooh, I like it. Great color combo too! :thumbup:

Diana Lynne 02-13-2011 11:34 AM

The one square that keeps drawing my eyes to it, is the dark brown one on the bottom left of the picture...I like your pinwheels alot, its going to be a very pretty quilt..

roguequilter 02-13-2011 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by cindy4857
I'd like to try, I've never made a pin wheel and don't have a pattern for one, you all sound way more experianced than I am, but I'd like to try, So do I find a pinwheel patten or will you be posting it. Sorry it's my first time joining in or quilting with someone.

don't worry about your skills...they develope as you practice...i used to get so frustrated...everyone posting pics of masterpieces...i can't do that i told myself...wrong!

always look for tutorials...this place has tons and they are great! also ck online....here is one at eblogger....lots of quilt blogs at eblogger too...

http://helenernst.blogspot.com/search/label/Tutorial

grann of 6 02-13-2011 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by davidwent

I thought we were doing one block a day??? LOL
David

You're too funny David. It's like someone said earlier, it's like eating potato chips, you can't do just one. And I am a potato chip fanatic. I live alone and it is quiet here for a change. If I did just one a day I would end up losing interest half way through and it would NEVER get done. :roll: :lol:

susiequilt 02-13-2011 11:37 AM

3rd row second and third blocks. I'd get them away from each other.
I love it! Nice random selection of fabric.
I always drive myself crazy moving blocks before I sew them together.
:-D

grann of 6 02-13-2011 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Diana Lynne

The one square that keeps drawing my eyes to it, is the dark brown one on the bottom left of the picture...I like your pinwheels alot, its going to be a very pretty quilt..

Yes, I noticed that one and the one on the other lower corner. I need to have the lights blend a little, I think.