Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Pinwheel Project to start Feb 10, 2011 NEW (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/pinwheel-project-start-feb-10-2011-new-t96494.html)

redvette54 02-28-2011 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by tuesy
Where have I been that I didn't see this??

Would it be to late for me to join in? I've got some done already (still trying to figure out a pattern for a quilt I want to do)

but I love pinwheels and the inner box they make..

So can I sign up? or did someone take the roster away already?

I'm with you on this one too. If it's not to late, I'd like to sign up too.

susiequilt 02-28-2011 07:12 PM

Would it be to late for me to join in? I've got some done already (still trying to figure out a pattern for a quilt I want to do)

This is very informal here so yes, join anytime!
Basically it is to try to make a pinwheel a day!
That's hard to do as once you start you don't want to quit!
There's no swapping, just for your own enjoyment.

A lot of us are working with the sew around the edges method but anyone is free to do which ever method they want.

Today is day 19 so we are 19 days ahead of you to the goal of 78!
Some people are making more or less depending on their target goal. I keep changing my total as I think of other layouts for my blocks!
:-D

susiequilt 02-28-2011 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by redvette54

I'm with you on this one too. If it's not to late, I'd like to sign up too.

Sure, come on in! The more the merrier.
We now have 147 participants on the list!
Start sewing pinwheels!

susiequilt 02-28-2011 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by hoppyfrog
I'm done. I finished the last batch last night. I now have 175 scrappy pinwheel blocks. Looks like I can make a couple of quilts by splitting them into color groups. I'll post pics in a day or two. Thanks for getting me motovated to sew. I was in a slump.

175 in 19 days!!!!!!!
Wow! That must be a record!
Can't wait to see the pictures.

nnewman 02-28-2011 07:24 PM

Thank you so much for the link to the tutorial. I am going to love making these.

nnewman 02-28-2011 07:30 PM

I want to start this also, better late than never. I am trying to figure out a size square to start with. I'm going to use some of my smaller pieces of fabric. Will 5" or 6" be too small to easily sew back together?

tuesy 02-28-2011 07:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by susiequilt

This is very informal here so yes, join anytime!
Basically it is to try to make a pinwheel a day!
That's hard to do as once you start you don't want to quit!
There's no swapping, just for your own enjoyment.

A lot of us are working with the sew around the edges method but anyone is free to do which ever method they want.

Today is day 19 so we are 19 days ahead of you to the goal of 78!
Some people are making more or less depending on their target goal. I keep changing my total as I think of other layouts for my blocks!

Thank you :) I've been working on pinwheels myself, so I'm only 2 behind you :lol: Here's 16, with one not sewn together as I want more of a different color than just the red and brown. I've got to many reds and am awaiting my homespun I ordered, so it's red, blue, tan and green for the moment.. blech! :lol:

I'm making mine out of homespun and muslin and when it's all put together I'll tea dye it.

I just made the smaller ones a second ago, as I'm having some problems with the homespun going wonky on me even though I starch it do death!. so I'm not sure if I'll use the 12" ones or the 7 1/2 inch ones yet..might just use both! :lol:

Marlys 02-28-2011 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by nnewman
I want to start this also, better late than never. I am trying to figure out a size square to start with. I'm going to use some of my smaller pieces of fabric. Will 5" or 6" be too small to easily sew back together?

I'm starting with 6" squares and doing the "sew around the outside" method. My finished pinwheels are 7 1/4".

hoppyfrog 02-28-2011 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by nnewman

I started with a bunch of 5" charms I've collected over the years. After the block is sewn together I cut them down to 5" unfinished. Also the same with the 6 1/2" charms = 6 1/2" unfinished blocks. Kind of funny how that works out.

BMP 03-01-2011 04:50 AM

WOW I wish I had found this when it started !! Nice workk everyone !