Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Please adopt me! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/please-adopt-me-t110783.html)

mamachazz 03-27-2011 09:19 AM

I used my fabric as packing when we moved. I filled every empty space with scraps and wrapped glasses dishes with the bigger pieces.

GGrammie 03-27-2011 09:31 AM

When can you start?????

I'm afraid he'll miss your lasagna....

I'm sure he's just jesting....

JudeWill 03-27-2011 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by mimom
put them in a box and write tampons and pads on it, he'll never know cause he'll never bother to look. 8-)

Reminds me of a funny story. Forgive me for being off-topic. My grandmother was a plant fanatic--got them everywhere she went. When I was a baby, we were on our way back home to CA fromvacation. You had to stop & be inspected at the border, as you were not allowed to take plants in. She had one in a paper bag on the car seat. The inspector reached in to take it, asking what's in the bag? She said the babies dirty diapers & he withdrew his hand like she had said, "rattlesnake." Any babies in the house? :lol:

eimay 03-27-2011 09:35 AM

I love Italian cooking!!! PM me

IrishNY 03-27-2011 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Notimetoquilt
Hey Marcia

I'm in Ottawa, Canada and I have a 3 bedroom house to myself. You can even start touring Canada too.

Since I still work full-time, I don't have much time to quilt but if you did some cooking and some housework, we can have time to quilt together.

Paulette (notimetoquilt)

Paulette,
I LOVE Ottawa. I'll come live with you. And I have a cottage about an hour away on a lake, so we will have a summer quilting place too. I'll be there before sundown - you'll know me by the big trailer of fabric I'll be pulling. ;)

Irish

Marysewfun 03-27-2011 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Parrothead
Only for the time of moving, put them in those plastic bags you take all the air out of with your vacuum. This will reduce them considerably. Just take them out when you get to your new home. You could also stuff them in pillows.

Ah-hah - - and then "donate" the (empty) pillow cases after she moves, right??

Marysewfun

Sallyflymi 03-27-2011 10:24 AM

We will all keep you. Give us the heads up on where you want to live. Men keep all of their toys and old clothes so we can too. Getting ready for you.. LOL.....HIS LOSS OUR GAIN.

teacherbailey 03-27-2011 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by pippa
This morning I had all the scraps on the table for sorting by colour. DH looks at the mess and says "You can't take it all with you when we move, you know"
Reply "If not, I'm not coming either."

So I am looking for someone to adopt me and give me a home with all my stash. In exchange I can offer cleaning, cooking (I make a mean lasagna) or baby sitting. Please? I can't live without my fabrics!

Pippa

First, I have a beautiful (and vocal and demanding!) cat named Pippa....it would be hard to have two of you with the same name in one house! Here's my advice, though: tell him that you don't want to move and that if you HAVE to move, the fabrics have to go with you because it's cheaper than mental health drugs.

BobbiG 03-27-2011 10:58 AM

Are you limited by weight?

mosquitosewgirl 03-27-2011 11:04 AM

I have room for you!