Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Please adopt me! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/please-adopt-me-t110783.html)

quilter1943 03-27-2011 05:49 AM

My thinking exactly! I just can't imagine parting with any of mine, but if we sell our home, we're moving into a condo. Guess I'll face that when the time comes.

Originally Posted by MZStitch
Use your stash as packing supplies. Fat quarters would be great to wrap a glass. Buy more glasses if you have to! lol.

#1piecemaker 03-27-2011 06:05 AM

Just pack them on up and label them "kitchen towels". He'll never know the difference.

Homemother 03-27-2011 06:08 AM

I love this board! You are a creative bunch!!!

huntannette 03-27-2011 06:08 AM

Just make sure you unpack the dishes and not him....lol you could always come spend summers up here and stay at my camp.....it is comfy, only thing no running water but it`s not a problem, i`ll bring you bottled water and you can jump in the lake to wash.....your good here form May to October.....

Originally Posted by quevaca7

Use your stash as packing supplies. Fat quarters would be great to wrap a glass. Buy more glasses if you have to! lol.

Marcia has the right idea and he will never know that he moved your stash. But if that does not work out, you can always stay with us in the upper part of the big state of Texas.

wytetygeress 03-27-2011 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by mimom
put them in a box and write tampons and pads on it, he'll never know cause he'll never bother to look. 8-)

OMG i laughed so hard at this! That is so wrong and so true. You can come down to Florida also. I will have a quilting studio to share. We can set you bed up in the loft =)

newbee 03-27-2011 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by mimom
put them in a box and write tampons and pads on it, he'll never know cause he'll never bother to look. 8-)

How funny--and true! Even my DH laughed at this one-and agreed!!

Glenda m 03-27-2011 06:42 AM

Maybe when DH finds out how many places you can go to, he will decide the let you keep the stash. Good luck on the move.

HisPatchwork 03-27-2011 06:45 AM

great idea! or you could tour the states..that would be fun!

jad1044 03-27-2011 07:14 AM

By reading the posts, you could have quite a quilters holiday!!! :) and when all else fails, there is one more place to reside waiting - here! have a great day and hope you can get your hubby to leave his personal belongings that mean so much to him behind also! Just say there is not room for them all - puts things into perspective in a hurry. :)

grandjan 03-27-2011 07:15 AM

Well (sigh) I guess if you can't take it with you, you'll just have to replace it all when you arrive. You might mention that to him.