Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   please help before the cussin starts!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/please-help-before-cussin-starts-t37080.html)

Ditter43 02-16-2010 12:34 PM

Thanks to all of you. I called the qs where I bought the machine. She told me to rethread the machine. I swear I had done that at least twice, but I did it again. Now everything is working fine again.....GREMLINS at work!!! :hunf:

Ditter

Bobbinwinder 02-16-2010 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by Ditter43
Thanks to all of you. I called the qs where I bought the machine. She told me to rethread the machine. I swear I had done that at least twice, but I did it again. Now everything is working fine again.....GREMLINS at work!!! :hunf:

Ditter

Yep, those Gremlins seem pretty intent on getting the most bang for their work....they mess up your project, steal your time, make you crazy, and then when you seek out help...they disappear like they've never been there at all.... hope they're not on their way back to my house! LOL

RatherB Quilting 02-16-2010 01:09 PM

I have those gremlins too...only they like to eat the bobbin thread so it runs out without warning. I can hear them laughing when I have sewn an entire seam, only to discover the bobbin ran out after the first three inches...nasty-goblinses...

jljack 02-16-2010 01:09 PM

Ditter

Yes.....I have had those very same Gremlins sneak into my quilting room. They certainly can wreak havoc on stuff, even things that you SWEAR no one has touched!! Sometimes just rethreading is all it needs.....inconceivable!!! (ala Princess Bride!!!)

Jingle 02-16-2010 01:15 PM

Everyone get the curse of the gremlins, soon or later. Good luck finishing your quilt.

Quilter7x 02-16-2010 01:25 PM

Ditter

That's what I was going to say. It's the simplest thing, but one of the easiest to overlook. So glad you are back on track now!

Debra Mc 02-16-2010 01:45 PM

Problem solved so now when in doubt rethread or new needle or both.

JanetM 02-16-2010 02:41 PM

Sorry it's giving you fits. Like the others I agree that it is your upper tension. Often times, rethreading the machine will take care of the problem. Sometimes the upper thread pops out of the uptake hook which will cause some major nesting on the back of your piece. Rethreading will correct this.

Miss Purple Shoes 02-16-2010 03:48 PM

I have those gremlins too! Now I don't even start to sew on a Wednesday!! yes it is true! My machine goes on strike on a Wednesday - works fine on Tuesday and Thursday but everything seems to go wrong on a Wednesday!

stitchinwitch 02-16-2010 08:22 PM

Yes! I HAVE had that happen. What I do is change the needle, look under the bobbin case for fuzzies, put in a new bobbin, rethread the machine, change needle, shut off the machine and either eat something or go to bed. When I come back to it, it is all fixed!