Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   please help before the cussin starts!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/please-help-before-cussin-starts-t37080.html)

ReRe 02-18-2010 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by RatherB Quilting
I have those gremlins too...only they like to eat the bobbin thread so it runs out without warning. I can hear them laughing when I have sewn an entire seam, only to discover the bobbin ran out after the first three inches...nasty-goblinses...

I am lucky ... my Brother warns me when the bobbin thread is almost gone ... I've been down to less than 1 inch of thread when it beeps that it is running out. No gremlins here except in my fingers.

mimisharon 02-18-2010 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by Candace
I never mess with my bobbin tension and only change the top tension.

Try winding a new bobbin and cleaning around the bobbin case. If you mess with the bobbing tension you're likely to end up with a bigger mess and an adjustment repair cost. I find that i have to clean the machine and bobbin case a lot when I'm machine quilting no matter that I'm using the good threads, it just collects more of the batting or fabric for some reason.

Hugs

Cookie64 02-18-2010 09:02 AM

Well Ditter sounds like you are on your way, good luck on finishing your quilt.

Cookie

Oklahoma Suzie 02-18-2010 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk
Do you have a picture of the bobbin case, mine has little screws which you turn to loosen or tighten. (lefty loosy, rightie tightie this method also works when working on trucks..lol)

this is the right way to do it.

GladGrams 02-18-2010 09:57 AM

I have to rethread my machine and the bobbin sometimes more than once before it gets right again. I have thought of throwing it out the window, but can't afford either the new window or a new machine.

Pamala 02-18-2010 11:13 AM

Check the top thread to make sure it is threaded correctly.
Pamala

Roberta 02-18-2010 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Ditter43
Thanks to all of you. I called the qs where I bought the machine. She told me to rethread the machine. I swear I had done that at least twice, but I did it again. Now everything is working fine again.....GREMLINS at work!!! :hunf:

Ditter

I loved the suggestion to just rethread the machine. I had this happen in my last quilt, almost through the whole project and I had rethreaded several times so I can relate. Gremlins indeed. :hunf:

quiltmom04 02-18-2010 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by Marjpf
I agree - it is the top tension that is your problem. I too have gremlins that play with my machine when I'm not watching. Sometimes the only thing that works is to start over and re-thread the machine.

I agree. Sounds like the thread is not caught in the tension discs. I'm sure you know this, but the presser foot has to be up to thread the machine properly, or the tension discs will be closed and eventhough you rethread, it won't be correct. Hope that's all it is!

POosterman 02-18-2010 01:14 PM

I had the same problem with my Kenmore. I had to adjust the bobbin tension. Even though the Kenmore lady said never touch that. The book does not tell you which ones to turn and which way. You just have to be brave and play with it .

nellie 02-18-2010 02:22 PM

yep thats it they come and go