Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Praise for Fabric.com (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/praise-fabric-com-t95759.html)

k9dancer 02-02-2011 03:38 AM

Originally Posted by davidwent
Fabric.com rocks! free shipping for orders over 35 bucks!! Now who can't spend 35 bucks on one order?? LOL
David

So true. They send our daily email specials, too. Soooo addictive. I have to have the emails go directly into a folder so I don't spend too much. They do give great service!

Hen3rietta 02-02-2011 04:43 AM

I've ordered from fabric.com for many years and have always had fast and courteous service. The one time there was an error they corrected it immediately and told me not to return the wrong selection. If I weren't on No-buy again this year I'd browse their site more often.

Diana

#1piecemaker 02-02-2011 05:04 AM

So nice to hear a praise report for a change. I always like it when someone goes the extra mile.

IT_Nana 02-02-2011 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by SuzanneG
Ooh, Fabric.com is one of my favorite sites to order fabric from. They cut their yards 37" instead of 36". I love that! I can't count how many times I've gotten home from my LQS and my one yard of fabric (which I paid dearly for) was cut crooked and by the time I prewashed and straightened it up for cutting, I was well short of that one yard. Adding that extra inch is just another nice plus from the great folks at Fabric.com. :D

I've had the same experience with my LQS. I had to go back and buy an extra 1/4 yd to finish my project. Why are they so stingy with their cuts?? I can understand that adding an extra inch on each cut might affect their profit, but it seems that they'd be more interested in having happy customers.

CarrieAnne 02-02-2011 05:39 AM

That was really nice!

grann of 6 02-02-2011 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by quilt1950
I've read some unpleasant experiences some of you have had with online purchases, so I thought I would post about my good experience.

I recently ordered 8.5 yards of fabric for a quilt back from Fabric.com. It was $3.95 clearance fabric. The order went smoothly and the fabric arrived yesterday. I pulled it out of the box, and a small piece the fabric, about 1/2 yard, fell to the floor. I thought they had pieced my 8.5 yard order, and that I would have to piece my quilt back. BUT -- when I measured the big piece, it was a generous 8.5 yards! I can only speculate that the smaller piece of fabric was all that was left, and so they included it in my order.

My tiny stash is now a bit larger!!

I had a similar experience with them. But they added a notation on my bill that one of the pieces I ordered was end of bolt, so they added the extra 1/2 yard with no additional charge. They are my favorite on line store.

Joanne 02-02-2011 05:53 AM

One company I never hesitate ordering from. Very good service.

Ann L 02-02-2011 05:57 AM

I just placed two orders. One from a LQS and they sent a generous yard piece and the other from Joanns, it was right on the line. Good thing it was pretty much squared up or I would have been in trouble. It is so nice to do business with someone that is a bit more thoughtful of their customers.

MamaHen 02-02-2011 06:08 AM

I have ordered two times in last month, and both orders arrived within a couple of days. Can't say enough good things about their service. I'll start ordering more often.

sandpat 02-02-2011 06:55 AM

This is one of my favs too....they always call if there is any question and they ship quickly! I love to shop there!