Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Question About Digital Copies of Quilting Magazines (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/question-about-digital-copies-quilting-magazines-t214507.html)

Rose_P 02-24-2013 08:34 AM

I would recommend getting familiar with Snipping Tool, which is a free program that came with Window's Vista and Window's 7 (maybe others that I don't know). It is extremely user friendly. It lets you isolate any part of what is on your screen. What you select can be saved and printed by way of any image program you may use. Also, it goes immediately to your clipboard and can be pasted into Windows Paint, another freebie that you almost certainly already have. You shouldn't have to have a Kindle or laptop in order to have easy access to the magazine you bought. If it was paper you could snip out the part you want to use, and these digital tools provide the same access. If you paid for the digital magazine, I see nothing wrong with getting the parts of it that need to be next to your sewing area. You wouldn't be allowed to share or sell anything you reap from the magazine in this way, any more than you could if it was printed.

sewmary 02-24-2013 08:54 AM

To print from your iPad you need a wireless printer on your home network. Operating system 5.0 or higher automatically. gives you Air Print on your iPad to allow for printing. Very easy.

I bought a wireless printer just so I could print from my iPad. It is slick to sit in the living room and print ehat I want from computer (Windows) or iPad or iPhone. Printers are cheap and new ones are wireless. And very easy to set up.

sewmary 02-24-2013 08:56 AM

Oh and Snag It is a cheap and easy to use programm that lets you do what Snipping Tool does. I am still using Windows XP!

MargaretH 02-24-2013 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by sewmary (Post 5884698)
To print from your iPad you need a wireless printer on your home network. Operating system 5.0 or higher automatically. gives you Air Print on your iPad to allow for printing. Very easy.

I bought a wireless printer just so I could print from my iPad. It is slick to sit in the living room and print ehat I want from computer (Windows) or iPad or iPhone. Printers are cheap and new ones are wireless. And very easy to set up.

My printer is not wireless, but is connected to my wireless modem and I can print from my tablet

Marysewfun 02-24-2013 01:20 PM

I have gotten several digital magazines (pdf) and like the idea I can print just what I want to have at hand (a pattern and instructions) and move the magazines to a CD for saving - like a virtual bookcase - or something I may want to refer to quite a bit, I have on my external drive. That way my hard drive on my main computer is not getting clogged up with stuff. :-)

Another is a Kindle book, there is a free Kindle computer app that allows you to download books to your PC - I like this for recipe books or craft books - and from there I can print too.

And yes, I love snip-it - it has come in very handy.

Marysewfun

SoBuzy 02-24-2013 09:27 PM

Oh my! It is so much fun learning how illiterate I am! Snip it. Snag it. LOL. I have a wireless router but am still using XP....but did find where I could purchase a different app so am going to do my best to figure it out....then I'll see about snipping or snagging!! This board is amazing!!!

SoBuzy 03-31-2014 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by SoBuzy (Post 5884590)
My question as well.....even bought an ap and still can't print!!

I now have no problem! I have a new wireless printer! It sometimes takes us older -- let me rephrase that! It most generally takes ME a bit of time to figure out these electronic gadgets! But it certainly is nice to be able to print now!