Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Question about shipping - would you be upset if ...? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/question-about-shipping-would-you-upset-if-t62487.html)

Farm Quilter 09-02-2010 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by Lori S
One of the gauges I use for measuring the integrity of an on-line shop is how the shipping charges measure up. Those that really only charge the actual shipping or maybe a few cents over I believe have integrity. Those that use larger boxes than needed, charge a handling fee, or in general do not manage the shipping part to benefit the consumer are my last choice.
I would be glad to get a lower cost for shipping ....if I really wanted I can re- bundle the contents myself.

I agree, shipping charged needs to be the actual shipping rate. I was ordering a bunch of material from a shop that was closing and was on sale at really good prices, had $45.00 worth of material in my basket and found the shipping charge was $20 - only one option offered - so I just closed the window and didn't complete my order. Personally, I don't like the feeling that I am being ripped off with shipping charges! I understand shops wanting to make a profit, but not on shipping! :roll:

drdolly 09-02-2010 04:59 AM

I received a package of 18 fat qtrs from Keepsake in a flat envelope. All were arranged so that you could see them and put in 3 different plastic bags. I prefer cheaper as well.

Stitchnripper 09-02-2010 05:05 AM

I wouldn't mind at all.

Janlee43 09-02-2010 05:25 AM

I too always look for the cheaper shipping rates. I wouldn't care if the fabric was laid flat for cheaper shipping.

steelecg 09-02-2010 05:31 AM

I wouldn't mind

Twilliebee 09-02-2010 05:32 AM

Cheaper shipping everytime!

Nanjun 09-02-2010 05:46 AM

A penny saved is a penny earned.......was it Ben Franklin who said this?
It still rings true today.
would not matter to me if it is at a cheaper rate

litacats 09-02-2010 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by dakotamaid
No, I would not mind at all. I prefer the cheaper shipping.

whether it is wrapped in a bow or not it is still the same product you are purchasing, so if you want cheaper shipping then that is what you get NO BOW.

sjhughson 09-02-2010 05:55 AM

Yeah, what's up with handling charges? They don't add handling charges if you walk into the shop. I know it's an extra step to shoove it in the box or envelope. Big deal. Want to make a sale or not? I too watch the shipping charges. I guess if you are independently wealthy, it wouldn't matter. How many of us are there in that category?

grann of 6 09-02-2010 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics

Originally Posted by grann of 6
Have you noticed how connecting threads has changed their product line? The consumer demanded it.

What did they change?

Well, if you look at the new catalog, they have added more basic solid fabric, reduced their prices (so they say), added batiks, and in the back of the catalog there are more samplers. there are a lot more options than there used to be. And no shipping over $50.