Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Question to anyone how will answer (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/question-anyone-how-will-answer-t6948.html)

jbsstrawberry 05-08-2008 02:02 PM

Hospice care patients too. It gives comfort to the patient in their last days, and something for the family members to hold and be comforted by when their loved one passes. Nursing homes, Skilled Nursing facilities.

tlrnhi 05-08-2008 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by mgshaw
I think if I was to give one of my big ones away, I would have to get visitation rights or something!

LOL
Well, the one I made for Courtney, I do have visitation to. I just go to her room and snatch it out!

MAXIES2 05-08-2008 02:06 PM

Quite often I try new patterns out and decide that after I have made some of the required blocks that I will not complete a large quilt for some reason or other so I just make it into a small quilt to give to the dogs trust to sell as a car seat or couch quilt for a dog. that way I dont feel overwhelmed with unfinished projects.
Katherine

Izy 05-08-2008 02:29 PM

[quote=Cathy M]A group in town here donated quilts to the city police, county sheriffs, highway patrol, fire departments, ambulances, and hospitals for little kids in need. Every officer has at least one homemade quilt in the trunk of their car. When they give the quilt away, they call the group and they get another one to them lickety split. When kids are going through a major trauma or crisis, the quilts are a God-send.

Cathy what a very worthwhile cause :D

quiltnana 05-08-2008 03:26 PM

I have made several and still have not kept one. I give as gifts for family weddings, birthdays and baby showers. I also make quilts for the hospital NICU babies and Project Linus. There are always foster kids who would love them. One day I will keep one for myself...lol.

pocoellie 05-08-2008 07:31 PM

Probably 98% of mine are donated, either to be raffled(SPCA), or to foster children. There not heirloom quality, tied versus quilted. I've made one for my husband and I, Christmas theme, it's never been on the bed, two for the granddaughter, the rest have been donated. I am working on one for me, though, right now.

Cordelia 05-08-2008 08:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I still have most of my quilts. They're in bags. They need to be cared for properly and I'm not doing that. They'll probably have permanent fold creases.

Making them was such a goal, but what to do with them?

I won't make big quilts anymore. They're way too expensive to give away once they're back from the quilter.

I make big lapquilts (almost twin size) and sleep with them all winter. I pile them on, two, three, four.

Here's one I sleep with every night. It's a panel I sewed borders on. (I loved that fabric.)

tlrnhi 05-08-2008 08:58 PM

That is really pretty!

mary705 05-09-2008 02:16 AM

Mine have all been given to someone, fmily or friends so far. I am working on one for myself though, figured it was my turn.

Extreme Quilter 05-09-2008 05:07 AM

I don't keep any of my quilts. I give all of them away to family, friends and charities. I have made only one quilt for myself: a wall hanging in my dining room. I purposely do not keep any quilts around so that I can have more room for my fabric stash! :)