Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilt of Frankenstein? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilt-frankenstein-t220167.html)

mrsbudryzer 04-28-2013 05:03 AM

I actually love that idea as a memory quilt for you...no matter how "ugly" it will be super special and I'm sure you'll figure out a way to get it all to work together.

sewmary 04-28-2013 08:23 AM

I have a pp dbl wedding ring in process. It is scrappy and pieces of each item i sew are used. Someday when the quilt is completed it will have memories of all the quilts I have made. I just throw a scrap in the dwr box and add when I feel like working on it.

AliKat 04-28-2013 08:32 AM

#1 - You're a quilter.
#2 - There will be plenty more blocks you will be making. I don't know of a single person who only made 1 quilt.
#3 - Who said you would make only 1 quilt from these blocks?
#4 - Sounds like fun to me.
#5 - If it gets to much, you can make smaller sized blocks.

Monika 04-28-2013 08:38 AM

I think it would be great! And good you thought of now in the begining. I like the idea of adding black or even white. You could put sashing in to break it up and\or use some negative space. You might have to with different size blocks anyway. What a great keepsake it will be. Wish I had thought of it years ago.

ube quilting 04-28-2013 08:43 AM

Choose your favorite colors and make each extra block in them as a memory of the quilts you have made.
peace

ube quilting 04-28-2013 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by sewmary (Post 6031441)
I have a pp dbl wedding ring in process. It is scrappy and pieces of each item i sew are used. Someday when the quilt is completed it will have memories of all the quilts I have made. I just throw a scrap in the dwr box and add when I feel like working on it.

This is a nice idea. I like!

Pollytink 04-28-2013 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn (Post 6030516)
I cut 2 1/2" squares from every fabric that I put into a quilt. I will one day put together a quilt that will tell a story of all the quilts I have made. I'm planning on doing it just like a postage stamp quilt but with the 2 1/2" squares.

I like that idea and since I'm just getting started, still have chance to do it.....but I'll be 80 in June so better start hustling too! Just thought.....the baby quilt I just finished....nothing left of one fabric....but it's still a good idea!!

Pollytink 04-28-2013 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by gramajo (Post 6030608)
I think it will be a great memory quilt for you. I make a string block from fabrics I used for each quilt I've made. I embroider the name of the quilt on the center strip. Eventually I'll make a memory quilt for myself so I can remember each quilt I've made.

Hey! Like this idea too! Good way to get started on learning to do string blocks.

quilterCDN 04-28-2013 10:34 AM

I have most of the patterns of the quilts that I have made. I don't have many extra squares of the quilts, but I think that a random type of quilt would be pretty.

sewmom 04-28-2013 10:53 AM

All of your blocks will not end up the same size so if you make wonky blocks with all the sashing the same color, it will unify the quilt. You may end up with several quilts and then you could also group by color, whimsy etc. it's a great idea!