Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilt shows and men (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilt-shows-men-t304445.html)

Macybaby 04-29-2019 10:33 AM

my husband is very interested in going to quilt shows and loves looking around at vendor displays and chatting about sewing machines, and loves trying out the different LA and asking questions about how they are made.

maryb119 04-29-2019 11:09 AM

My DH always looks at the quilts I make at home but he has only attended one show with me. It was a local show and the quilt was one that his mom started and I finished for her. He treasures that quilt made just for him.

JustAbitCrazy 04-29-2019 11:57 AM

My Dh has gone to quilt shows with me, and usually takes a quick look around at the quilts and he's satisfied. Not me, I study the quilts and the quilting, and take a while. Generally though, if I have quilter friends available to go to a show with, he'll opt to stay home and let them go with me, unless it's Paducah---he wants to go there where the fishing is great.

nativetexan 04-29-2019 12:10 PM

No my husband , the few times he took me to a show, sat and waited on me! Of course i had to hurry. Then I learned to drive late in life and so glad i did. I could take him to Doctor visits and go shopping by myself.

peaceandjoy 04-29-2019 12:10 PM

Oh, gosh, no. DH is one who says, "So you are cutting up fabric to sew it back together?" He is a fan of big, fluffy comforters from the large chain store. It's all good. I don't get his appreciation for television, especially sports, either.

Tartan 04-29-2019 12:28 PM

​My husband has gone with me to one but he didn’t really enjoy it and I felt rushed. He is fine with napping in the car or leaving and picking me up later, which is fine with me.

GEMRM 04-29-2019 12:58 PM

My husband doesn't go with me to quilt shows. He will occasionally stop at a quilt show if we're in an area we don't usually travel and I see one. He is incredibly supportive with making/adapting anything I need for quilting, so I'm ok with him not going. I like to indulge myself with as much time as I like viewing the quilts and shopping, without worrying that he's getting bored.
My son (who lives a great distance away) has a great eye for design and likes to figure out how quilts are made/pieced. When I go to Manitoba to see him next, I'm going to see if I can find a quilt show near him to take him to. I think he'd enjoy it.

tranum 04-29-2019 01:19 PM

No, it’s “my world”. He has “his world” which holds no interest to me.
We can each buy what we want and we get along great.

BonnieJP 04-29-2019 01:58 PM

My husband (aka my best friend) is a good sport about attending quilt shows with me. He enjoys looking at all the display quilts and the vendor booths. Actually, I'd probably spend less money at these shows if it weren't for him encouraging me to buy things!

Jingle 04-29-2019 03:35 PM

I never go to quilt shows so it is an easy no for both of us.