Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilt Stores and YOU (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilt-stores-you-t241055.html)

TeriQuilter 02-16-2014 09:52 AM

I love The Scarlet Thread just outside of Atlanta that I can visit - lots of batiks and high end fabrics. For online stores, I prefer Homespun Hearth (lots of unique projects), Equilter (for the novelty fabrics), and a smaller one called Lakeview Primitives (for my wool fettish!)

QuiltE 02-16-2014 09:58 AM

JudyLG ... Love the maple leaf reply idea, so will switch to our red!! You do have a point about the cost of an overnight stay and gas vs. online fees ....... but you miss out on so much fun in an IRL FART!! :D:D:D

EllieGirl 02-16-2014 10:26 AM

I honestly don't go to my LQS. The reason is that one store has horrible parking. The others are several miles across town. I have a JoAnn Fabrics within two miles of my house. Having said that though....I looked up some shops and think I'll visit one tomorrow! :)

dreamer2009 02-17-2014 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 6578430)
JudyLG ... Love the maple leaf reply idea, so will switch to our red!! You do have a point about the cost of an overnight stay and gas vs. online fees ....... but you miss out on so much fun in an IRL FART!! :D:D:D

gotta love the maple leaf :)

QuiltE 02-17-2014 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by dreamer2009 (Post 6580543)
gotta love the maple leaf :)

Are you another Canuck?

tennesseesews 02-17-2014 12:06 PM

Calico Rose in Florence Alabama is my favorite. Betty and Danielle are extremely helpful and knowledgeable. Great fabric selection. Hour drive but so worth it. Also like Hancocks of Paducah but only make it there one a year during AQS Quiltweek.

dreamer2009 02-17-2014 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 6580730)
Are you another Canuck?

I am. have been in the states since I was 10 though.
go back to BC to see relatives still.
am currently trying to become US citizen due to the way politics are going here.
Think not safe to carry green card.

Purpleprint 03-14-2014 01:45 AM

I went to fabric depot once, purchased a ton of fabric because it was 40% off and then came home found another fabric I liked so I called them and ordered a bolt.
Wish it was closer and wish I was better at driving in Portland's traffic.

Crqltr 03-14-2014 01:54 AM

Originally Posted by ckcowl (Post 6573869)
my favorite would have to be my small, friendly local shop The Quilt House in Indian River, MI--- it is small but very well stocked, everyone is friendly, helpful, love to share, see you, help you find what you need. they take my hubby under their competent wings at Christmas time and help him fill my stocking- make him feel comfortable and valued; there may be big places on line to shop when the local does not have what you need-but when it comes to being the favorite place to go I will choose the small 'personal' shop every time- I don't enjoy shopping in huge warehouse style fabric stores- no help, no personal attention, no friendly 'oh, i'm glad you are here' attention.

One of my favorite shops to go to when visiting friends "way up north)"..

ILoveToQuilt 03-14-2014 02:58 AM

Has anyone been to The Quilted Shamrock in Hudson, NH? Is it worth the trip? Thanks.

Anita