Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilters Ruler Defect (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilters-ruler-defect-t65543.html)

Dingle 09-19-2010 07:18 AM

If you paid for them using your credit card you WILL get your money back.

Yarn or Fabric 09-19-2010 07:22 AM

That is absolutely horrible customer service!
I would definitely post it on Facebook if they don't own up to it and replace them. That is just wrong.

patricej 09-19-2010 07:30 AM

we do not yet have all the facts.

it's too soon to jump onto the shocked and horrified bandwagon.

Rebecca VLQ 09-19-2010 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
we do not yet have all the facts.

it's too soon to jump onto the shocked and horrified bandwagon.

My favorite quote of the day! :D

Sadiemae 09-19-2010 12:55 PM

I agree we need more info. And we have to remember that the problem could possibly be our postal services... I am not jumping to conclusions.

skothing 09-19-2010 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
please tell us, precisely, the conditions under which the ruler broke at church.

please tell us, also, (1) who you wrote to at the company; (2) who wrote back to you; and (3) please quote to us exactly their reason for not replacing it.

When I open the package the one had snapped into half. When I showed my quilting group at church we where cutting the large piece when the side broke off , it must have been cracked.

1,2 & 3 I did and they don't replace rulers was the response.

patricej 09-19-2010 04:18 PM

From the manufacturer's website:

Return Policy for Quilter's Rule International, LLC
Quilter’s Rule International, LLC has adopted the following Return Policy:

1.Products purchased from the Bargain Barn, Clearance and Factory Seconds are not returnable, they are purchased "as is".
2.Custom made products such as Extension Tables are not returnable.
3.Other products may be returned for account credit only.
A.Product must be in original condition with undamaged packaging.
B.You must have Authorization from our office to return product.
C.Return must occur within 30 days of purchase.
D.A copy of the invoice must accompany the return.
E.There is a 15% restocking fee.
F.Product returned with packaging damage will only receive 50% credit.
G.You are responsible for the shipping cost of returning the product.

does #1 apply? if it does then you have no grounds for complaint.

we can't know whether the rulers left the factory broken or improperly packaged. the damage may have occurred during shipping.

did you read the return policy before buying the rulers? that's a question - not an accusation.

having read their return policy, i can't imagine myself buying this brand. i can understand their refusing to accept returns of factory seconds, but there's no provision for full refund in the case of damaged or defective products that were not sold as factory seconds.

i'm one who rarely reads the return policy before making a purchase. this case is a reminder of how important that step is before we spend our money.

thank you for telling us about this. i'm sure i'm not the only one who needed that reminder.

buyer beware.

Sadiemae 09-20-2010 08:54 AM

This is an email in response to a question on the return policy at Quilter's rule! It does have a category for defective rulers with the exception of the bargain barn clearance and factory seconds. (The typos are theirs, not mine!)

1.) If the product has a manufacturing defect, we will definitely replace it, as long as it is within 30 days of date of purchase.
2.) If the product was received damaged, we will file a claim with the transit company and replace the item for you, as long as we are notified of the damage upon receipt of the package.
3.) If you are returning the product because you no longer want the item, you may return at you cost for full credit provided the item is still packaged and in resalable condition and is within 30 days of date of purchase.
4.) If you are returning the product because you no longer want the item but the package has been opened, you may return at you cost for credit less a 15% restocking fee and is within 30 days of date of purchase.
5.) Products purchased from the Bargain Barn, Clearance and Factory Seconds are not returnable, they are purchased "as is".
6.) Custom made products such as Extension Tables are not returnable. We want to to feel secure placing an order with us and do stand behind our products!

feline fanatic 09-20-2010 09:09 AM

One of my very first quilting rulers was a 12 1/2" square Quilters Rule brand. I still use it and it is still going strong after 15 years. It does have a few chips on the edges from faulty rotary user error (ie my own carelessness, better a chip in the ruler then a slice off my fingertip!)

patricej 09-20-2010 10:03 AM

well, i feel better now about their return policy. i hope they update their website to make it clear that they do accept returns of defective products (with the understandable exceptions noted.)

thanks for sending the email asking for clarification. :thumbup: