Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilters Ruler Defect (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilters-ruler-defect-t65543.html)

skothing 09-20-2010 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
From the manufacturer's website:

Return Policy for Quilter's Rule International, LLC
Quilter’s Rule International, LLC has adopted the following Return Policy:

1.Products purchased from the Bargain Barn, Clearance and Factory Seconds are not returnable, they are purchased "as is".
2.Custom made products such as Extension Tables are not returnable.
3.Other products may be returned for account credit only.
A.Product must be in original condition with undamaged packaging.
B.You must have Authorization from our office to return product.
C.Return must occur within 30 days of purchase.
D.A copy of the invoice must accompany the return.
E.There is a 15% restocking fee.
F.Product returned with packaging damage will only receive 50% credit.
G.You are responsible for the shipping cost of returning the product.

does #1 apply? if it does then you have no grounds for complaint.

we can't know whether the rulers left the factory broken or improperly packaged. the damage may have occurred during shipping.

did you read the return policy before buying the rulers? that's a question - not an accusation.

having read their return policy, i can't imagine myself buying this brand. i can understand their refusing to accept returns of factory seconds, but there's no provision for full refund in the case of damaged or defective products that were not sold as factory seconds.

i'm one who rarely reads the return policy before making a purchase. this case is a reminder of how important that step is before we spend our money.

thank you for telling us about this. i'm sure i'm not the only one who needed that reminder.

buyer beware.

I never heard of the Bargin Barn . They where not 2nds to my knowledge.I stand by my statement I would NEVER BUY FROM THIS COMPANY. I could not believe it when it happened and I rarely return anything. Beware of this company!
:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :hunf:

crashnquilt 09-20-2010 01:33 PM

I have purchased several time from Quilters Rule. I have not had a problem with their customer service. Once I did receive a broken ruler. I call them the day I got, they told me to return it along with the original package. Voila, I had my replacement in just a few days. I did have a Quilters Rule that after about a year of constant use, the markings were very well worn off. I called, they asked me to return the ruler so they could have R&D look at it, and they sent me a replacement. Not sure what is going on with your situation, but I've not had a problem with them yet.

patricej 09-20-2010 04:40 PM

we have a mix of experiences and opinions.

the company's return policy has been clarified.

case closed.