Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilting Budget (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilting-budget-t31134.html)

GailG 12-11-2009 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by sharon b
LOL I buy, and then I buy more .. no budget, no self control, no more room :wink:

At least you're HONEST!

:wink:

henryparrish76 12-11-2009 03:28 PM

If I get this job I interviewed for I will most definitely be on a budget. I am not going to be spend crazy like I was. The last 9 months has taught me a lesson.

Tiffany 12-11-2009 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by henryparrish76
If I get this job I interviewed for I will most definitely be on a budget. I am not going to be spend crazy like I was. The last 9 months has taught me a lesson.

Yeah, but you sure made some fun and pretty things! :wink:

ProLongarmARTQUILTER 12-11-2009 09:28 PM

:wink: I've got it made I get all the Fabric stuff I want and DH goes with me most of the time ,he's OK with it all as long as we go Home before Midnight we shop late at sc wal- Fabrics but go to other places and I order from Places, I Love it and Him!!!

Kyiav10 12-11-2009 10:23 PM

I don't have a quilting budget. We have cut back significantly in buying stuff that we don't need at this moment. I will go and buy needles, batting or thread if I need it but stay out of the store otherwise b/c I don't want to be tempted. I don't have much of a stash but am trying to work with what I have and when I have the projects done that I am working on I will consider buying for a specific project.

Kyia

henryparrish76 12-11-2009 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany

Originally Posted by henryparrish76

Yeah, but you sure made some fun and pretty things! :wink:

Awww thanks! :)

mumtoliam 12-12-2009 12:11 AM

I dont have a budget and have been enjoying the $A and US$ exchange rates at present! Next year I am not buying anything unless the project is made with 95% of what's in my stash already!

Maksi 12-12-2009 02:07 AM

First I didn't have a spending budget and every time I spend some money and it wasn't for my children or DH I felt quilty about spending this money all for myself.

DH then says to me that I have to reserve some pocketmoney of my own. He doesn't really care how much I spend. So now I put myself on a budget about 20 Euro's each month. That's about 28 dollars.

bearisgray 12-12-2009 05:25 AM

How much (on average) does a yard of fabric cost there? (In Euros?)

Specifically, cotton quilting type fabric? (I forgot for a moment that there are other kinds of fabric :?)

And if you know, also in USA dollars?

mumtoliam 12-12-2009 12:53 PM

I don't know about euros but A$28 is a metre of fabric (just over a yard) and I can buy a yard for US$8 at online fabric stores paying about A$10.